At World Mobile we are building an exceptional Engineering team, we are growing fast to deliver even faster. We are looking for an exceptional VP Engineering with in-depth experience implementing complex developments, an ideally knowledge of the Blockchain or the Telecommunications industries.
Working closely with the CTO, and together with the Chief Software Architect and the Software Program Manager, you will ensure that the implementation of the World Mobile Chain moves forward at a quick pace. Your duties will include building an engineering organization that can drive company success. You will be responsible for ensuring the perfect implementation of our mission and vision.
- Fully remote
- Competitive salaries
- Change the World
To succeed as a VP Engineering, you should have a personality and work ethic aiming for excellence. Extensive experience in senior technical roles and profound knowledge of the related technologies are critical requirements. Collaboration and communication skills are essential as we work in small agile (Scrum) teams that are 100% remote. The working hours will require to have a 4-hour overlap from 9:00 to 18:00 CET.
This role is the appropriate fit for you if you have excellent attention to detail. Your aim will be to help the teams to be focused on their developments, coordinating their releases, and hence keeping the whole system evolving as one.
VP Engineering responsibilities:
- Working closely with the CTO to setup Engineering organization for scale
- Optimizing the organization to deliver quality products rapidly, reliably, and repeatedly
- Continuously improving environment and processes for how we build our product
- Propose and establish frameworks to engineering teams
- Together with CSA, decide on the different technologies to be used
- Designing the organization and hold a high standard in people, delivery, and technology
- Setting goals for the team and delivering results according to the defined strategy
- Make everything in your organization measurable and transparent
- Continually research current and emerging technologies and propose changes
- Contribute to recruitment activities, attracting, retaining, and growing top talent
VP Engineering requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Proficient in agile development frameworks and software engineering best practices
- Experience managing engineering teams that are globally distributed
- Good understanding and use of Open-Source Software
- Experience in using Domain-Driven Design
- Experience in developing event-driven architectures
- Familiarity with test automation tools, CI pipelines, cloud, and containerization
- Expert in control version software (GitHub)
- Extensive knowledge of front-end and back-end web development
- Sound knowledge of several operating systems and databases
- Solid knowledge of applications performance improvement techniques
- Able to provide end-to-end observability (Prometheus)
- Experience working in a DevSecOps environment
- In-depth understanding of coding languages (Go is a big plus)
- Knowledge of multi-platform app development (Kotlin, Flutter)
- Good understanding of cryptography
- Native English speaker or near-native level
- Empathetic but assertive personality
Bonus points for:
- Experience with identity protocols (DID, OAuth, OpenID)
- Knowledge of routing network protocols (Wireless Mesh)
- Solid knowledge in designing distributed systems
- Knowledge of different blockchain implementation strategies
- Experience with NFT or DeFi products is desirable
- Experience in developing blockchain solutions is preferred
- Fluency in Spanish is a big plus
- 3+ years of experience in similar roles
About World Mobile:
World Mobile is creating a world where everyone, everywhere, is connected. As the first global mobile network built on blockchain and the sharing economy, we believe everyone has a fundamental right to connection, digital identity, economic freedom, and self-data governance.
We employ a diverse team worldwide and give each team member the freedom and support to do their best. As an equal opportunity workplace, we are committed to hiring people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you are seeking an opportunity to help, make the world a more connected place, you will love working for World Mobile.