Ryanair Holdings plc, Europe’s largest airline group, is the parent company of Buzz, Lauda, Malta Air & Ryanair. Carrying 149m guests p.a. (pre Covid-19) on more than 2,500 daily flights from 79 bases, the Group connects over 240 destinations in 40 countries on a fleet of 470 aircraft, with a further 210 Boeing 737s on order, which will enable the Ryanair Group to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. over the next 5 or 6 years. Ryanair has a team of over 17,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 35-year safety record. Ryanair is Europe’s greenest cleanest airline group and customers switching to fly Ryanair can reduce their CO₂ emissions by up to 50% compared to the other Big 4 EU major airlines.
Ryanair’s Digital & Marketing department is home to its very own in-house Design team. This team works towards creating a seamless experience for Ryanair customers across the end to end journey and all the touchpoints they interact with. This is done through research, ideation, iterative design, prototyping and visual design conceptualization.
The UX Design team focuses on solving user problems that affect the optimal experience as customers journey through our products and experiences.
They work together with the Product team and Visual Design team to improve the Ryanair Experience for customers, ensuring there is a digital and design solution that also meets the company’s business objectives.
The Role:Reporting to the Head of Product & Design, this role will be tasked with leading a team of 5 designers across 2 European offices. The UX Lead will be responsible for defining and developing the UX strategy, focusing on objectives and execution of the Product Experience Vision. They will ensure that the Experience strategy is implemented at a UX level.
- Drive UX strategy in line with Experience Design
- Ensure UX is conducted in line with best practice and integrated into Product Design process
- Inspire the team to achieve great results and sign off on team output
- Hands-on approach to help the team solve the right problems and make informed, data driven decisions
- Ensure UX consistency amongst all teams and channels
- Advocate for the value of good design and its impact on customers and the business
- Drive the right UX design culture, cohesion and development of team members
- Ensures output and process is high quality and make improvements when and where needed
- Point of contact for User experience on feature execution
- Oversee team admin and line management
- Set UX objectives and manage YoY
- Covers Web and App platforms
- Strong experience in UX design across web and app channels
- 1-2 years’ experience leading design teams
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and teams
- Experience working in an agile, fast-paced consumer centric ecommerce environment
- Experience working on major consumer interfacing websites an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate your thoughts and the rationale behind them to the design team and various stakeholders
- Permanent contract
- Staff travel benefits from day one!
- Office in the beautiful City Centre
- Amazing atmosphere, Game Room
- Referral bonus system
- WFH: 3 Days a week
We will be delighted to invite selected candidates to our recruitment process.
We can't wait to see your application!