Test Analyst - Mobile - Fintech in Madrid or Remote
At Tymit our mission is to give people the self-confidence to live life to the fullest by offering them credit that's smart, flexible and honest.
That's why we launched the world's first installment credit card – and why we're now partnering with only the most iconic brands to bring the next generation of installment experiences to their customers.
We believe that everyone deserves financial peace of mind, that credit should only work for you, and that tech will continue to transform the way to shop, pay and manage our spending.
Our talented and growing team is based in the UK, Spain and Greece, and we're all committed to creating a diverse, fun work environment, with collaboration and the customer at the core of everything we do.
Following our £23m Series A round, closed in October 2021 and led by Frasers Group, we're focused on our next phase of growth - and creating the future of installment experiences.
Compensation & Perks
💰 The salary range of this role is 35,000€ – 48,000€ per annum, depending on experience.
🏝 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays.
🥳 Your birthday off.
🏡 Tymit is working fully remote, and all employees can remain working from home if they want, traveling to our offices when agreed with the team.
🌇 If your preference is working from our office and working onsite with other Tymiteers, we have you covered with our offices - Postpandemic.
⏰ Flexible working hours.
🤓 Additional days to attend conferences and workshops related to technology and/or events related to Tymit’s industry and sector.
About the role
We are looking for a talented and dedicated Test Analyst to build the safest credit card in the market. Our tech team is growing – and learning as we go. We’re on a journey, building and evolving the way we work, and we’re looking for recruits who can teach us as much as we’ll teach them.
Joining our engineering team, you will be defining and driving the UAT with a partnership for Tymit, aligning with the chosen project delivery methodology and the rest of QA area... The ideal candidate is mobile-savvy, loves testing, and understands what makes a great mobile app!
About the culture
Be ready to join a company where collaboration is key. You will be expected to share knowledge and speak up, at the same time you have the ability to listen to others and consider their opinions. At Tymit we are also big fans of good atmosphere and humor, prepare yourself to receive a bunch of GIFs.
QA Engineers at Tymit work by squads in cross-functional teams, applying good practices and agile methodologies. Within the team, you will find Angela, Sebastián, Christos and Mariano.
During your time at Tymit you will
- Work as part of cross-functional tech team to ensure quality is driven into the development process.
- Work with the project team, stakeholders and partnership to capture the desired outcome, closure activities, prioritize value and produce reporting or high level analysis documentation.
- Perform pairing testing session with partnership.
- Play a part in clarifying business requirements and user stories.
- Identify and define testing strategy for testing new functionalities and feature changes.
- Identify and assess risks, errors, defectos and failures to register and communicate them.
- Define test plans and test cases. Coordinate work with partner team and the QA area. Execute test plan.
- Report clear defects and provide detail to provide information to reproduce and diagnose the issue.
- Work in collaboration with engineering to prioritise fixes, understand root causes, drive through strategic solutions, along with overseeing all agreed resolution activities.
Key technologies and tools we use at Tymit
Software Engineer in Test team: you will be working with technologies such as Xcode, Android Studio, Xray, Appium, Selenium, RobotFW, Playwright and Jira.
Tymit tech team: we work with technologies such as Kotlin, SwiftUI, Swift, Java, Groovy, Grails, Quarkus, NodeJS, React, Python, RabbitMQ, Postgres, AWS, ELK, Docker, Docker Swarm, Terraform, Ansible, and Jenkins.
We are always open to adopting new tools to solve complex problems, so we’re ready to discuss options with anyone with the right experience.
What you will bring along
- Hands-on experience in testing mobile apps.
- Experience testing APIs.
- Pragmatic when raising bugs and understand the difference between quality and meeting release deadlines.
- Clear communicator, fluent in English.
- Think holistically and maintain focus on small, intricate details essential for the high-impact role you will play at Tymit.
- Great achiever who has a strong orientation for results beyond just great ideas.
- Business mindset. Plus, you enjoy solving problems whilst wanting to inspire and share your knowledge and passion for FinTech.
- Motivated to spread a QA mindset and push quality improvements in the different contexts in which you work and with the different roles with which you work.
- Experience defining test strategies.
- Experience defining and implementing metrics.
What you can expect from our hiring process
45 min. video-call with Carla, part of Tymit’s People team. Understand your career plan and what motivates you about Tymit.
30 min. video-call with Mariano, QA Lead. Brief technical discussion to understand more about the role and your skills.
90 min. video-call with Angela and Maria, both QA Engineers. Technical discussion around a task to better understand your skills and give you a sneak peek of what it could be working at Tymit.
60 min. video-call with two people from our mix of IT team (Fran H., Jesus, Luciano or Toni). Introduction to your future team to get a sense of Tymit’s culture.
🏁– Offer 📧
If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company in the UK, Tymit needs to take background checks, Criminal and Credit checks, our new hires to help us safeguard our users. If you have any concerns regarding this process, please discuss this with our People Team.
Tymit is made up of people from various backgrounds, and you are welcome for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work to show up every day as their authentic selves. So, bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background.
We do not make hiring or employment decisions based on race, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other difference. If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.