At Holded we are upgrading the way SMBs manage their business. We are a well-funded startup founded in 2016 that has raised nearly $8m from world-class investors including Lakestar (Holded was their first investment in Spain after previous investments in Facebook, Spotify & Airbnb) and Nauta Capital (Socialpoint, Privalia).
Our mission is to create a business Operating System (businessOS) that covers all the key areas for small and medium-sized businesses. From financial management (such as Accounting and Invoicing) to HR, CRM, and Project & Inventory management, allowing companies to automate over 50% of their overall administrative tasks and become Business Heroes. With 60 people in our team and more than 20.000 businesses using our software, we are building a global company, and we are looking for passionate people who strive to be the best at what they do.
Join us and help to reinvent the concept of ERP!
Our Tech Team is organized in squads, each squad is responsible for designing, developing, and operating all services relating to the assigned features, inside the Holded platform. The features can be related to one (or more) of our verticals: Accounting, invoicing, team management, project management, inventory, or/and CRM. The goal is to build a strong and reliable platform, keeping in mind the scalability and performance of the product, creating a safe and fair experience for all our clients.
Our main language is PHP, however, we are building a microservice architecture written in Golang. We use MongoDB as an operational database.
As a Tech Lead you will need a deep understanding of the product areas, both at the technical and feature level, along with playing a lead role in all phases of software development: planning, designing, implementation, testing, deployment, and day-to-day operation.
You will be expected to manage your squad team members to the high management standards (1&1 touch bases, career growth, continuous feedback, mentorship, delegate effectively) and provide a clear and time-manner reporting to Ronny Lopez, our CTO.
Your focus will be on your squad's productivity and strive to increase the impact of the team’s work on the product. You will be empowered to make independent decisions for the team partnering effectively with the product, analytics, and other areas of the business.
- You have an intrinsic bias towards simplicity and a constant willingness to simplify complex systems
- You have a solid software development background, you are familiar with modern and scalable software development practices
- You are committed to high management standards (1&1 touch bases, career growth, continuous feedback, mentorship, delegate effectively)
- You care about best practices and software maintainability is a top priority for you
- You feel comfortable working with data structures, NoSQL databases (like MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis)
- You like to explore new technologies and are curious about how things work
- You have mastered at least a higher-level programming language and its ecosystem (ideally PHP, Golang, etc...)
- You know what is a Git rebase, and you are comfortable working in a large codebase with multiple team members
- You are a reliable, trustworthy person that keeps their promises.
- You practice DevOps, when you have developed something, you know how to (and you want to) deploy it to a production environment
- You have experience designing public APIs (REST, gRPC, etc... )
- But the most important is, you are a freak like we are, you love what you do and you want to enjoy your work while building something important
What it's like to work with us:
- Permanent contract
- Flexible working hours
- Short work-day on Fridays
- Free catered lunch
- Free English or Spanish lessons
- Continuous Training: annual budget for training for each employee
- Fully equipped kitchen with snacks, drinks, and fresh fruit
- Referral program
- Top-notch work equipment
- Office in front of the sea with ping pong, pool table, PlayStation…
- Interesting projects and a great work environment
- An excellent opportunity to grow with the company
- Discounts on a gym membership
At Holded, we do things differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them as start-ups within a start-up that learn from each other.
We didn’t start Holded to be another software company. We started Holded to be epic, and you can be part of it!