As animal lovers, we all want the best for our furry companions. Like for us humans, having access to healthy and adapted food is essential for our pets’ well-being. So in 2018, we decided to create our dream pet food experience and launched Hector Kitchen! We provide high quality food, tailored for the pets’ specific needs, delivered directly to your doorstep. And that’s not all; at Hector Kitchen, our mission is to make your life easier, helping you better know your four-legged friend. Using the power of data, technology and innovation, we follow your pet’s needs throughout his life, and share with you precious information to make you a better, more informed pet owner.
As Hector Kitchen’s Tech Lead, you will play a key role between the executive and the I.T. team. Your role is to align business requirements and technical deliveries while guaranteeing smooth collaboration and project management:
- Structure project management and ensure visibility and predictability on deliverables.
- Provide timely, accurate, and constructive feedback to immediately address any performance concerns.
- Manage and drive the quality of performance of your assigned teams and members.
- Write clean, well-tested and well-refactored code with the team, shipping it into production on a daily basis.
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Working with our data team and analysts to improve our software.
- Define and document new requirements based on System Requirements and System design documentation.
- Designing efficient client-side and server-side architectures.
- Building innovative, visually appealing features and frontend applications with a mobile responsive design.
- Writing effective APIs.
- Creating security and data protection settings.
- Troubleshooting, debug and upgrading software.
- Cross functional collaboration with all departments.
Our Ideal Teammate:
We are a dynamic team, always ready to face new, and sometimes unexpected challenges with a smile, and we expect our future collaborators to join the adventure with the same enthusiasm. this role will be perfect for you if you match the following:
- Experience: At least 7 years of experience in the field, 3 of them in a Tech Leadership position.
- Language: You are fluent in English, French is a plus.
- Tech Stack: Experience in Angular, C# and Python would be fantastic. However, we are open to other Front-end languages and libraries as well as to Java for the Back-end.
- Database: Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design.
- Cloud infrastructure: You have significant experience working with cloud infrastructures (preferably AWS).
- Strategic mindset: You will be part of a growing start-up, and we’re counting on you to help us make the right decisions, in collaboration with the rest of the executive team.
- Management and communication skills: You have experience with high responsibility positions and collaboration is second nature to you.
- Weekly free lunch
- Healthy food for your pet
- A pet friendly office in the center of Barcelona (El Born)!
- Flexible working hours
- A great work environment
- You can work remotely or in our office (+-3 hours from Spanish time)
- Multi product environment (Hector kitchen, Hollidog and other emerging products)
About Hector Kitchen
And that’s not all; at Hector Kitchen, our mission is to make your life easier, helping you better know your four-legged friend. Using the power of data, technology and innovation, we follow your pet’s needs throughout his life, and share with you precious information to make you a better, more informed pet owner.