Sysadmin Engineer – Level 1 in Valencia
At Onestic we are looking for a Sysadmin Engineer level 1 that wants to join our team and develop professionally with us.
As level 1 sysadmin these would be your tasks:
- Ensure the stability, safety and efficiency of the production environment. Our production environment has ~900 VMs with ~1k Cores ~ 6 Tb RAM ~ 33 Tb Network Storage SSD .
- Carry out corrective and evolutionary maintenance tasks on customer environments, our orchestration system or infrastructure.
- Interact with clients understanding their needs and requests, implementing solutions according to established procedures.
- Diagnosis of errors and their resolution at the root (…no, it is not good to apply a patch and we’ll see how it works!)
Joining our team of professionals will be an opportunity to:
- Build your career, we put at your disposal a career plan so you can evolve with us.
- Being part of a group of professionals who love their work, learning and sharing knowledge is a must, we reward talent and involvement.
- Learn about latest trends, Cloud environments, Infrastructure as code, Kubernetes, …
- Work with very demanding environments in terms of performance and business continuity, we are dedicated to ecommerce and ecommerce sells 24h / 7d / 12m.
- We want you to have professional experience and a high level of knowledge as a Linux systems administrator, we work with CentOS and Debian / Ubuntu.
- Experience with the web stack, you have to know and have worked with something from: nginx, uWSGI, php-fpm, haproxy, varnish, solr, sphinx, redis, MySQL, PostgreSQL, ELK, …
- Ability to work as a team. Which means good communication skills, open mind and involvement in order to solve problems.
- Knowledge of programming. You should be a fan of automation and have minimal skills in Python and / or Bash.
- Use of git, you do not have to be the “master of git” but you have to be comfortable working with branches, pull requests, etc.
- Availability to make guards (paid). The ecommerce does not sleep, so you should be willing to enter the rotating shift of guards.
- We communicate in Spanish, but it is important that you have a good level of English.
- Extra ball. Experience with orchestration systems like ansible, chef, Saltstack,…
- Extra ball. Experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, or some public cloud
What we offer:
- Nordic working time model: 8:00 to 16:30 (Monday to Thursday) and 8:00 to 15:00 (Friday).
- Indefinite contract. We look for long-term incorporations, not just for work and services.
- A competitive salary.
- Continuous training.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Excellent environment and working conditions in the center of Valencia: diaphanous office, rest area, free coffee / tea, budget for technical books, conferences and latest model computers.
Are you interested?
If this sounds like something you can handle and would like to be a part of, then we would love to hear from you!