Software Engineer in Barcelona or Remote
First of all and most important, please find our detailed definition of our Vision & Mission, in order to decide for yourself if the role could be of interest to you.
Your mission will be to build the next generation technology for our platform. Create innovative ideas and help architect solutions for CeleBreak as it scales. Take ownership, breed confidence and bring a passion for your craft. Develop a robust and quality product. Motivate team members to reach our collective vision.
We are looking for a software generalist with a creator mindset. Someone who is flexible and open to exploring broad solution sets and analyzing options while putting personal preference and biases aside.
We are a small team with minimal bureaucracy that likes to move quickly. We are looking for someone with a broad range of tech skills and we don’t require mastery in any category. We prefer a familiarity in many environments/languages/frameworks and, most importantly, someone that can learn quickly.
Below are some of the technologies we currently use. Being proficient in any of them would be a plus but not essential. This list is in order of our current needs.
- React - Typescript, design patterns for medium/large scale React apps
- GraphQL - Integrating a React app with a graphql API
- Website design + HTML/CSS/JS - Design and basic user experience understanding - forms, validation, responsiveness etc.
- Flutter - 3 platform: iOS, android and web
- NodeJS - express web server
- MongoDB - Atlas hosted
- GCP - serverless techniques, cloud functions, pubsub
- Firebase - authentication, hosting
Where do we need your help? What are we looking for?
- Build brand new CeleBreak technology solutions to help scale to more fields, users and cities. There are many features on our list and we want you to partake in conceiving, designing, and building them with us!
- Build our internal admin control center in React. Controlling games, managing players and automating regular tasks.
- Research and integrate with 3rd party tooling for business intelligence and automation workflows with our backend api.
- Build charting and reporting views of our data for management to have better insights on our system.
- Perform regular library and 3rd party integration upgrades and patches
- Handle technical issues reported by the team and rapidly provide solutions
- Testing - Automated testing and adhering to TDD whenever possible.
- Security - Security-first approach to development and ability to recognize vulnerabilities
General Skills & Attitude
- Entrepreneurial & Self Starter skills, you will be the fourth person in the Tech Team.
- Fluent in english.
- Forward thinking and a big-picture mindset.
- Take ownership and responsibility. You do not blame others and you always look for solutions.
- A self-learner, always develop and educate yourself. You may be asked to work on many different things and be flexible with such a small team.
- Show ego-free behavior and always act in the interest of the community, the people around and in the interest of the vision of CeleBreak.
- First Principle thinking: Independently analyze problems without making too many incorrect assumptions based on conventional wisdom.
- Ability to balance pragmatism and perfectionism: the ability to make both masterful/quick/dirty hacks and elegant/refined/robust solutions, and the wisdom to choose which is appropriate for a given problem
- Visionary: knowing how to tackle problems for which there aren't established recipes yet.
- Healthy skepticism: tend to not trust their own code until tested it extensively.
- Positive Attitude towards debugging.
How do we measure your success?
Quality and robustness of your code and amount of test coverage.
Timeframe from unexpected major issue to delivering a solution.
Your attitude, eagerness and fit with our existing team.
*Compensation & Benefits *
At CeleBreak we want to promote a healthy and happy lifestyle, a culture of constant learning, and giving everyone as much freedom as possible. Thus we offer the the following benefits:
Health & Happiness:
- 50€ Monthly allowance to be spent on sport or wellness
- Free unlimited CeleBreak Football Match everywhere
- Football Equipment allowance of up to 200€ per year
- Free Kindle
- 1000€ Allowance on Kindle to spend on books per year
- 1000€ allowance on courses/education of your choice.
- Freedom to work from wherever in the world you feel the most productive.
- Co-working Space and Home Office allowance of up to 200€ per month.
Why should you apply?
We have a big vision to build the greatest football playing community. We are committed to facilitating playing football whenever and wherever you want. At this stage of the Startup you have the incredible potential to help us grow and shape the future of CeleBreak and to take massive influence on our Startup journey to achieve our vision.
Health & Fitness
11 - 50