The Hotels Network (THN from now on) is a data platform for the hotel industry. Our monitoring and media delivery agent is currently embedded in over 10,000 Hotels and Online Booking engines, worldwide.
The Tech Stack
Our backend consists of a series of mini/micro services built with PHP or Go embracing a Domain Driven Architecture. Testing is in our DNA and we conduct comprehensive unit and integration testing across the board. We embrace process automation wherever possible and ensure the quality and performance of our platform with SonarCloud, Sentry and Datadog.
Our web applications allow our customers and internal teams to operate our tools, access the data we collect and make business decisions. Our web applications are built with Vue.js, and tested with Cypress and Jest. We work closely with our Design/UX team to make sure our web applications are as easy to use as possible.
Our solid data infrastructure is driven by our Data Engineering Team and relies on a modern, state-of-the-art platform supported by our DevOps and Infra teams. What makes THN stand out from any other player in this industry is our Data Science team, that designs and implements advanced ML/AI algorithms fueled by the massive data ingested by our Agent to help our clients predict their users behavior and improve their booking conversion. This position will play a pivotal role in ensuring our Data Science team gets the most valuable insights on our client’s users and target markets.
We are a globally distributed team of more than 70 engineers, half of them working remotely. We are organized in multiple cross functional teams and work using agile methodologies (mostly scrum). We value collaboration, team work, open communication, continuous learning and commitment.
They will onboard you to the team, code and processes so that by the end of 1st month you can start finding your way through the code, push new features and extend our code coverage.
- Work with a funny crew composed of backends, frontends and the product owner to develop and evolve one of the company's products.
- Collaborate together with the design team in the continuous improvement of the UX/UI of the product.
- Work with microservices using an event driven architecture to further decouple our applications (Kafka is the second most famous word after coffee)
- Use the latest stable PHP and Symfony Framework versions.
- Have passion for learning new concepts
- You’ve proven experience with decoupled architectures.
- You’ve been working for over 3+ years building technically complex products in PHP
- You’ve been using latest Symfony versions or similar Frameworks
- You have experience designing and building APIs.
- Experience Docker.
- Experience with relational databases.
- You do not understand code without testing
- You have experience working with GIT.
- You love best practices: Clean Code, SOLID, Design Patterns.
- You have proven knowledge in DDD and knowledge in CQRS.
- You have experience building microservices
- You are comfortable with asynchronous programming techniques: streams, task queues, message queues.
- You are a good communicator, fun to work with and enjoy being part of the team.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of CI/CD (Jenkins, Circle CI...).
- Experience with non relational databases.
- Cloud Architecture / Infrastructure experience.
- Knowledge of automation tools (Terraform, Ansible...).
- Previous experience in startups is an advantage.
- International environment with over 25 nationalities.
- Continuous training: we do in and out house training. We have a selection of online resources such as O’ Reilly or Frontend Masters…
- 100% Flexible schedule to balance work and personal life
- Free “puentes” (when Tuesday or Thursday is a bank holiday THN will give Monday or Friday free).
- Nice office in the Center of Barcelona.
- Real impact on a fast-growing innovative technology company.
- You can work from anywhere, either either from our comfy offices at the Barcelona city center or from the comfort of your home or favorite coffee shop. THN is a remote-friendly organization but we also foster in-person collaboration and provide the office space to make them happen.
- "Flexible compensation plan” with Ticket Restaurant, Medical Insurance, Ticket Transport and Bonus for Nursery.
- Coffee, tea, fresh fruit and Friday team breakfast.
- Competitive compensation.
- A harassment-free, supportive and safe environment to ensure the healthiest and friendliest professional experience fostering diversity at all levels.
About The Hotels Network