XING provides advice and support to its more than 19 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
XING is the leading online business network with 19 million members in German-speaking countries. Workers from every industry use XING to connect with one another, to look for jobs, new hires, projects, cooperation partners, expert advice and business ideas.
We're always looking to hear from engineers who love their craft to help us shape the future – for a better working life!
We have offices in various parts of Europe (Hamburg, Munich, Vienna, Barcelona, Porto and, more recently, Valencia).
XING employees come from more than 30 different countries and bring their collective experiences and culture to work every day. Some of us studied computer science, while others come from other fields or don't even have a degree-level qualification. The key common ingredient is a willingness to learn and grow.
For our Engineering Office in Valencia, we are looking for a Software Engineer Backend to support the growth of a consolidated team.
Join our fast growing cross-functional and international teams in Valencia and have an impact on new products for XING.
A challenging task
- You will work in an awesome and professional cross-functional team within a mature, highly dynamic and agile environment.
- Discuss and implement innovative solutions closely with your team and our business analysts as well as internal and external partners.
- Live the complete development cycle including writing automated tests, participating in code reviews and performing deployments.
- Work on scalable, high-availability services.
A convincing background
- Highly motivated, experienced software engineer.
- Ability to write clean code in Java and/or Kotlin. We highly rely on the technologies Spring Boot, MySQL, MongoDB, and Kafka.
- The passion for learning and continuously improving yourself, the processes, and the team around you.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand complex data structures and business logic.
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills.
- A couple of years of experience as a professional software engineer or a degree in computer science.
- Proficient English language skills.
An inspiring environment
Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow, a great, multicultural and diverse environment, regular innovation weeks, flexible working hours and some days “work from home”, restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more, English/ German lessons, a mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…), extended holidays, competitive salary and a permanent contract, large, highly distributed platform with over 19 million users, a variety of technologies and languages: Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Go, Scala, Elasticsearch, GraphQL, Java, ReactJS, Cassandra, Hadoop, MySQL, Swift, Kotlin...