Nexthink is the global leader in digital employee experience management. Our products allow enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experiences. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback, Nexthink gives IT teams the insight they need to empower and even delight people at work.
Headquartered in Switzerland with US headquarters in Boston, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain and UAE. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of nearly ten million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience. Join us today!
Nexthink is looking for passionate and innovative professionals that are keen to join a newly formed and fast-growing team. The team is being built to ensure our Cloud platform is operated using best in class methodologies and tools and allow us to delight our clients with the best cloud experience. This position is focused on operating, scaling, and automating the Nexthink Kafka and streaming infrastructure with top performance, availability and service level, but also on ensuring that it runs in a cost-efficient way. Kafka/Streaming SRE should contribute to the operation team with her/his experience in Software Engineering and Site Reliability Engineering and have particular interest in large-scale data-intensive distributed systems and pipelines.
- Monitoring and reliability. Use and own the specifications of our tooling set related to monitoring, telemetry, reliability, automation to assess the health of the data pipeline based on Nexthink workloads.
- Operation. Manage the availability of the Kafka clusters and streaming platforms which empower Nexthink data pipelines. Understand and be able to communicate the scale, capacity, security, redundancy and performance attributes and requirements.
- Incident management and response. Detect, diagnose and fix incidents finding solutions to achieve required Service Levels. Owner of the post-mortem process of such incidents by writing technical content both for customers and internal stakeholders.
- Work with architects, team lead and developers in activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews.
- Contribute to Nexthink tooling and automation framework for provisioning and scaling the infrastructure, with particular focus on resiliency and elasticity strategies.
- Min 5 years of experience in Software Development with knowledge of best practice of professional software development in one or more of the following languages: Java, Golang, Rust, C++, Python, Ruby or Scala
- Experience with distributed systems and streaming technologies in general and familiarity with Apache Kafka in particular.
- Experience operating services on Linux systems
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as: Prometheus, Grafana and others
- Experience administering and deploying on cloud-based platforms (Azure, AWS, Google and/or others), using infrastructure as code (Cloud Formation, Terraform, etc.), configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet) and pipeline creation tools (like Jenkins).
- At ease with operating and managing production systems, solving issues striking the right balance between urgency and methodology.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS MSK
- Experience working with Kubernetes and writing custom operators
- Experience with Kafka in-depth configuration and performance optimization
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful and innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness and collaboration.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience.