Senior Software Engineer in Valencia or Remote
Datamaran is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all of our employees and contractors are encouraged to reach their full potential and individual differences are valued and respected. Datamaran is proud to be an equal opportunity employer as such all applications received will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our engineering team and work on our core libraries that fuel the engine behind our different products.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will work closely with the CTO and engineering leaders to architect solutions and guide the other Software developers. You will be working at the intersection of server-side architecture and Data Science, integrating Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing models into our Web platform.
Your day-to-day will be split between writing client-side code, reviewing UX design, reviewing pull requests from other team members, and solving challenging problems, contributing with your experience in software design and architecture.
The workplace favors having free-form discussions, having space for making your own decisions, and focusing on continuous improvement and high-quality delivery.
When? As soon as possible
Where? London, UK / Valencia, Spain/ Remote (Countries with Central European Time or 2 hours difference)
- A good understanding of client-to-server communication protocols (HTTPS and two-way communication protocol)
- The ability to express complex ideas in written and spoken English is crucial for this position
- Capable of working independently without significant supervision
- Experience with working in a distributed team and excellence in all forms of clear communication
- Demonstrable experience mentoring junior developers
Good To Have:
- Python proficiencyUnderstanding of cloud platform(s), preferably AWSLikes tinkering with any technology
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile methodologies
- Experience with making independent decisions on architecture
- Prior experience with MongoDB
And in return, we offer...
- Compensation based on experience
- 25 days of annual leave (UK) / 22 days of annual leave (Spain) + Bank Holiday
- Subsidized lunch + Free snacks in the office
- English Lessons
- Access to SafariOnline training and ebooks
- Learning and Development path (Agile)
- For this position, remote work with an occasional visit to either office is also possible
- Equal opportunity employer
Datamaran is the market leader in external risk management. Trusted by blue-chip companies and global partners, it is the only software in the world that supports a data-driven business process for monitoring external risks and opportunities. In-house - at any time.
Datamaran enables a fully automated and digitized approach to monitoring emerging and ESG issues tailored to your business and value chain. It offers real-time analytics on strategic, regulatory and reputational risks to strengthen decision-making - with the power of AI and Big Data.
Companies worldwide use Datamaran for:
- External risk and materiality analysis on ESG, geopolitical, technology, and emerging issues - powered by AI;
- Ongoing monitoring of these materials and emerging risks through live dashboards;
- Strengthening transparency with a data-driven audit trail;
- Capturing external data that offers a wider perspective; and
- Customized executive insights tailored to internal reporting needs.
We have different backgrounds, we are from all around the world, and we have diverse expertise. What unites us is our focus on performing at our best,
continuously learning and thriving as we face new challenges.
We are a close-knit team that supports one another with the bigger vision in mind. We think two heads are better than one, and we consult with and support our colleagues to find the best solutions for our clients.
We are an ambitious company with a mission to put sustainability risk on the radar of every business – and we are passionate about using the latest technology and our creativity to achieve that.
Change is a constant, and we are ready to bend and flex to adapt to the external environment and jump on opportunities. Our vision is clear, but the path to get there may change; we are excited about every twist and turn.