Senior Software Engineer / Architect in Barcelona or Remote
- If you want to build code that reflects a passion for quality.
- You are a good listener who respects their colleagues, but who isn’t afraid to assert themselves
- You are naturally curious and believe in lifelong personal growth.
- Passionate about backend technology and open to write in different languages
- If you are aware that technology, by itself, does not delight customers; the sweet spot is when we combine technology with practical solutions, surprises, utility, and social interaction.
- Get used to a system that combines software, CI/CD, monitoring.
- Be a team member of a high-performance multidisciplinary team
- Participate and proactively give your opinion and expertise in tech and product discussions
- Write and deploy into production your own code independently.
📍 Location: Remote based in Spain (We help you to relocate)
🏠 Remote Friendly
🌎 International and inclusive environment
💰 Competitive salary and perks
🌱 On a mission to create a greener world
Our Wallbox mission is simple: Facilitate the adoption of EV’s and clean energy in order to create a more sustainable future for everyone.
🙋 Why should you apply?
📅 What can you expect?
Within 1 month you'll:
- Have the ownership of part of the solution
- Be able to lead projects in the team
- Be able to defend technically any discussion related to the team domain
Within 3 months you'll:
- Participate actively in the roadmap and OKRs definition to set a proper company strategy
- Lead cross-team projects
- Improve and optimise the current solution
- Suggest and implement solutions that make the system more scalable, robust and reliable
- Be able to join to our on call team
- Write efficient, reusable, and self-documented NodeJS or Go code.
- Testing is in your mindset at any time (Units, acceptance…).
- Developing new features following DDD.
- Maintain the current platform so that the customer experience is seamless.
- Collaborate with other developers in team brainstorming, decision-making and architectural structures.
- Complete necessary tasks, not only related to code writing but important for the project, such as configuration, setup, debug, DevOps...
- Deployment code to the live (customer) environment.
- Profiling project after being launched, taking care of telemetry and logging.
- Work with the latest technologies and methodologies.
Within 6 months you'll:
💪 What will you be doing?
Missing some of the requirements but think you can bring something else to Wallbox? No problem. Send us your application and we’ll see if we can grow together 🤝
Our Tech Stack :
Our current tech stack is very extensive: we are followers of Clean Architecture and DDD patterns. It is in a microservice environment where we combine sync and async communications. We believe in continuous delivery and our CI/CD is very extensive and automated to bring all our code written to production as soon as possible.
As quality is a must for us, testing is inside of our core. From Unit Testing until end to end integration to assuring the highest quality standards are met. We constantly monitor our releases with tools like Datadog and Mixpanel and our services are 24/7 available.
👋 Introducing Wallbox
We’re Wallbox. The first Spanish company to be listed on the NYSE. Born in Barcelona in 2015, we have already grown into an international brand with 1000 employees all over the world. We're busy building the future for smarter, simpler energy solutions and we want you to join us.
🤔 What we do
Think of us as the people who are revolutionising electric car charging. We combine innovative technology and outstanding design to build smart EV charging systems that manage the communication between vehicle, grid, building, and charger. Smarter, simpler, slicker. That's us.
💡 How and why we do it
Soon everyone will be making the switch to EVs and the demand for chargers will skyrocket. So we are dedicated to changing the way the world uses energy, including vehicle-to-home and vehicle-to-grid, energy storage, peer-to-peer energy transactions, energy trading, energy as payment and more.
No revolution is easy, but we also know that big changes don’t come from taking the boring route. That’s why we’re excited to be pushing the boundaries of what EV charging can do. And as long as there are walls to inspire us, we’ll keep designing out-of-the-box solutions to overcome them.
👥 Our Colleagues
Diversity is at our core. We come from all over the world - with 45 nationalities and counting. We work together to create the most exciting, dynamic work environment out there. Wallbox doesn't fit into the mould and neither do Wallboxers. We’re here to be creative, inspire each other and bend the rules a little bit. That's why you will never be asked to wear a suit - unless, of course, it's Halloween.
🤘 Our Benefits
- Remote Friendly.
- Flexible schedule.
- Half-day Fridays!
- First class private health insurance after your first month at Wallbox
- Free online language classes (Spanish & English) twice a week
- Flexible compensation valid for restaurants & food delivery apps, transportation, childcare, and learning & development.
- Hundreds of discounts in different brands & services with our Wallbox Circle benefits platform
- Car discounts & special advantages if you choose an EV
- Smartpoint for all your online orders & services at our offices
- Free coffee & soft drinks to fuel those tough Monday mornings
- Variety of breakfast and lunch dishes, everyday, at a discounted price at our canteen
- Learn and grow in a company of over 45 nationalities and counting!
Please Submit your CV in English
At Wallbox, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.
About Wallbox Chargers
St. Andreu de la Barca, Barcelona, Spain