Senior Site Reliability Engineer in Madrid or Remote
Eventbrite's business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and event goers need new tools and technologies that empower them to have the most meaningful live experiences. As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will be part of a team that ensures that the Eventbrite platform runs efficiently, securely, and at scale.
We're a people-focused Engineering organization: the people on our team value working together in small teams to solve significant problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and pushing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open source software (check out Britecharts as an example!). Our technology spans the web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, search, physical point of sale, and scanning systems.
This role is open for our Madrid office, or remote (Spain).
THE TECH STACK
Our primary stack is Python and Django based microservices, running on AWS with MySQL backends. Some of the other tools that we use heavily are Redis, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Git, and an endless supply of coffee.
- As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll have an opportunity to work alongside our SRE team that supports the Eventbrite platform. You will embrace the SRE model, and work with other senior leaders on the team to modernize our tech stack.
- Lead engineers and product owners to architect products that operate at production scale.
- Mentor SREs and engineers on best practices of running and maintaining a production environment and train engineers in the art of being on-call and triaging production issues.
- Oversee the smooth operation of Eventbrite’s platform from frontend to backend.
- Perform requirements and capacity analysis; design, launch and extend microservices, perform monitoring and troubleshooting of complex systems and production issues and identifying root causes
- Support the transition from self-hosted services to cloud-managed services.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to optimize existing systems, improve infrastructure, and eliminate work through automation in partnership with other teams throughout Eventbrite
- Partner closely with the Security team to ensure that Eventbrite’s systems, services and data are protected.
- You will use tools like Terraform, Cloudformation, Puppet, etc. to automate infrastructure provisioning
- Automate manual tasks required for support of the Eventbrite platform
- You'll be working closely with AWS, to containerize applications, provision infrastructure and support the transition from self-hosted services to cloud-managed services
THE SKILL SET
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience in SRE or DevOps roles
- Considerable experience with Linux systems administration (Ubuntu experience appreciated)
- Solid programming skills (Python! or Ruby or Go) and understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Experience with AWS and cloud architectures/services.
- Familiarity with the container and container orchestration space (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience working with infrastructure provisioning tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or others
- Experience enabling CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Gitlab, or others
- Ability to handle on-call duty with the team
- Track record of delivering successful solutions and collaborating with others
- Familiarity with the Hashicorp suite for service discovery and orchestration systems such as Consul, Nomad, and Vault.
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
San Francisco, CA, USA