This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US, and the Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140 million series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth. We are now valued at $1.9 billion, and have been named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
The Senior QA engineer role-plays an important part in our team and product development process. We are looking for someone to take the lead on all QA activities.
- Collaborate with our Developers and Product Managers to create test plans and write test cases that align with the development process
- Collaborate in all development phases (design, implementation, and delivery)
- Think creatively and help the Development team identify problems early in the development process
- Manually test product features to ensure quality product delivery when automation can not be achieved.
- Create automated end-to-end test cases and integrate them in the deployment process.
- Setup test automation suites to increase test efficiency
- Write clear and effective defects and work with Developers and Product Management to ensure proper remediation
- Writing clear and effective load test scenarios
What you need to succeed:
- At least 3 years (ideally more) of testing experience with large scale applications
- Experience with automation best practices and development tools
- Experience testing APIs (REST, GraphQL)
- Experience integrating test cases into a build chain involving Kubernetes and CI/CD tools like CircleCI or GitHub Actions
- Experience testing UIs, including testing with automation tools such as Cypress
- A good understanding of Agile methodologies
- Knowledge sharing, the aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies and concepts
- Experience with security testing is a plus
- Positivity. Negativity is the enemy of progress.
- Trust & Transparency. Promote direct and continuous feedback.
- Learning. Be proud if you’ve failed at something. Think big, start small, learn fast!
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.
200 - 500
commercetools has offices across the US, Europe, and Asia Pacific, with headquarters in Germany. Since its founding in 2006, commercetools software has been implemented by Fortune 500 companies across industries, from retail to manufacturing and from telecommunications to fashion.