Senior QA Automation in Barcelona
WebCargo digitizes global freight sales for over 2,000 of the world’s largest logistics providers and carriers. Or, in plain English, we help move the world, offering incredible technology that powers almost a third of the global air cargo market.
We’re not alone either. WebCargo is a proud part of the Freightos Group, a logistics technology company that aims to make global trade frictionless. That’s not cheap, so we’ve raised nearly $100 million from investors like GE Ventures, the Singapore Exchange and Aleph, making and have gotten the BBC, TechCrunch, and the Wall Street Journal excited about freight.
Turns out it’s kind of a big deal. As one of the largest tech platforms for a huge industry (the phone or computer you’re reading this on was, after all shipped), we’ve been crushing it with double-digit growth, year after year.
Are you a passionate about finding errors for insane edge cases and love a wide variety of challenges? Do you have a passion for using tools, technology, and heck, even your mother’s critical eye to solve problems? Do you want to join a startup that’s changing how everything in the world gets from A to B? Do you value delivering highly scalable and the highest quality software? When details are ignored, containers fall off of ships. And that’s a big deal.
Good news, friend. We got something incredible for you.
WebCargo is looking for a Senior QA Engineer who supports everyone to develop high-quality software. The perfect engineer lives and breathes classic Agile techniques that ensure quality code is released to production at the end of a sprint. Quality is a way of life for you; you’ll be parachuted into a development team to act as a quality advocate, helping team members on making rock-solid, scalable developments. How? By designing, creating, and implementing test cases and quality requirements, as well as automating manual processes and functional testing. As Kanye West would say if he was looking for a Senior QA engineer, we’re looking for motivation to automation, to win the races to edge cases.
- Preach quality. Beyond testing, you'll support everyone to develop high-quality software, with automated and manual testing as your sword and shield.
- Get ready to coordinate. You’ll guide releases through test planning, preparation, design, and execution tasks. And you’ll love doing it.
- Things don’t work without a framework. Along with your QA colleagues, you’ll design, develop and upkeep a test framework for automating tests, creating the right infrastructure for the R&D organization;
- You’ll work very closely with developers to ensure that testing layers cover the entire project.
- Design and implement functional tests, and help to create the non-functional tests (in other words, be involved in all kinds of tests), that will ensure there is coverage of both expected and unexpected behaviour.
- Clearly communicate and report on all test-related matters to various stakeholders on the product. And since they aren’t all technical, you’ll need to have your coder to non-coder dictionary handy.
- Capable of contributing to any other activities that the team might need to be unblocked in order to deliver value, assisting other teammates when necessary - that includes helping in requirements gathering, design, development, releasing, support, etc...
- At least 4 year of experience in a similar role.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Fluent in English with good reading, speaking, and writing skills.
- Solid experience in Jira or similar issue tracking system.
- Excellent communication, self-organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Very precise and detail-oriented. You’re the kind of person who loves finding typos in restaurant menus.
- Must have a valid EU work permit
- Experience with Cypress is highly valuated
- Experience in development processes like TDD, BDD will be considered as a strong plus.
Why is WebCargo exactly where you want to work?
- Location: Barcelona, Spain… but only some of the time. We’re on an employee-friendly hybrid model.
- We believe that employees who get better make us all better. We strive for professional development and continuous learning. Apart from career support and guidance, you’ll be entitled to get an annual training budget for personal and professional development. No, you can’t use it on cool socks. But most other things go.
- Competitive salary and participation in the Long Term Incentive Plan (LTIP) of the Freightos Group.
- Ticket restaurant, Private Health Insurance and Flexible remuneration options for nursery, training and transport.
- Full-time position. Flexible schedule & intensive working hours on Fridays so that we have a long weekend 🙂
- Multicultural and open environment, full of great people from multiple countries. Over twenty languages but all aligned on make global freight work better.
- Great office in Torre Glories with amazing views, located in the center of the technology HUB in Barcelona.
WebCargo, a Freightos Group company, is an equal opportunities employer and we make every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally
Miami, FL, USA
200 - 500