Info for Remote candidates outside Catalunya: Now we are 100% remote. Once we are back to a normal situation, you will need to come to our Barcelona office for 1 week every 2 months, all costs covered by us.
Who We Are
We are an independent, no-nonsense agency with over 60 professionals from all over the globe, working from our offices in Almere (The Netherlands) and Barcelona (Spain) for Dutch clients like KPN, Afterpay, Avrotros, Telfort, Powerpeers, Gamma and many more. To see some examples of our projects, check our website elements.nl/en/work.
We are passionate about crafting lovable and usable digital experiences that help move brands and people forward. We are dreamers and makers.
Check our current tech stack at stackshare.io/elements
What You Will Do
You will play an important role in making estimates and defining architecture, defining the structure for our projects and coming up with technical solutions. Most of the time you will design and code these technical solutions, but testing your own work and the work of others is of course also involved. You will assist in defining database and (web) application design.
Furthermore, as a senior, you will support our Head of Technology and will be the go-to person in the development team. You will adapt the Elements' way of working and will always be encouraged to make suggestions to improve it. Last but not least, we would love to see that you have a natural drive to stay up to speed with the latest technological innovations.
What You Need
- At least 3-4 years experience as a Python developer, preferably with Django
- Excellent coding skills and solid experience with relevant large-scale projects
- Knowledge of Front-end technologies
- Ability to architect an application from start to finish
- Experience in working the Scrum way
- Ability to coach and support team members during projects
- Excellent English language and communication skills
- Results-oriented attitude, creative, flexible, open-minded
- Independent thinker, yet committed to company’s and team’s success
- Working permit for Spain
- Ideally, you are based in Barcelona area or nearby, but for this vacancy we are open to consider remote candidates living in other areas of Spain.
What We Offer
- You will be a part of our international, talented and inspiring developers team, where you get to teach and learn at the same time
- We provide you with the equipment of your choice (laptop & accessories)
- When in office, we provide you with free breakfast, snacks, fruits and refreshments every day, unlimited freshly ground coffee and large variety of teas
- You will have flexible working hours and a possibility to occasionally work from home and/or remotely (after Covid too; currently our office is closed until further notice)
- We also offer an opportunity to work on your health by organising team sports activities and providing significant discounts for physiotherapy sessions
- We encourage you to visit events/conferences and/or take courses to keep up-to-date and gain new skills
- Language Courses (when applicable)
- In addition to your salary, we contribute to your daily lunch costs through a Sodexo Restaurant Card
- We also offer a flexible compensation plan for your transport, lunch and nursery costs
- An insured company bicycle for home-work commute and personal use
- And, to top it off, obviously, what is work without some fun? We regularly organise drinks, dinners and team building outings (We hope we can do this soon again, once the situation with the pandemic improves.)
Do you see this role as a good match? Then we'd love to hear from you! If you want to know more about us, check our blog: https://medium.com/elements
But one thing will never change — and it’s the one thing technology can’t replicate. Our hearts, minds and souls. Since day one, we’ve incorporated the human element into everything we do. We believe people come first. This is what sets Elements apart. We combine our unique human DNA and technical craftsmanship into every digital experience we create for our customers.
It’s our responsibility to maintain this human factor to make tech work for us and with us. This is how we will keep leading the way to a smarter, more human-focused future.
Our pragmatic mindset and down to earth attitude have not changed since our early start in 1996. While our relatively small team consists of people from different backgrounds, a passion for technology and user experience brings us together.