Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).
Named one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact. We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of 963,226 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.
Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.
Within the Product Department, you have a massive opportunity to rethink the way our agents deliver a great after sales experience to customers.
As a Senior Product Manager you will work on improving our after sales and support productivity by creating new interfaces and flows. Your goal is to ensure our agents proactively get the right information at the right time, easily find the paths they are looking for, and can answer well and fast to our BackMarket customers. You will be responsible for the whole agents’ experience.
YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT):
- You will be the entry point for all stakeholders and other teams to understand the short, medium and long term priorities, and translate the BackMarket vision and OKRs into an Agent Efficiency vision and roadmap.
- You will be the daily partner of the Engineering Manager. Thanks to your ownership, you know how to adjust priorities if necessary, communicate, work closely with engineers to ensure our quality standards and respect our commitments.
- You will be in charge of creating, maintaining an delivering features, in collaboration with business stakeholders, designers and engineers.
- You will liaise with all Backmarket counterparts (Quality teams, Service teams, Supply teams, designer, researchers, etc.) and different squads to ensure that your product fits perfectly into the Back Market experience.
- You will be the one communicating on the risks and impacts of your roadmap and features, and you will be reponsible of anticipating potential problems and dependencies.
YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF:
- You have a strong experience (3-6 years) as a PM in an Agile environment on customer care / customer experience related issues, or in the marketplace sector. Bonus point if you have been evolving in a scale up environment.
- You have product management experience in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) and you are able to shape product discovery and delivery according to agile principles.
- You are a brilliant communicator, your peers define you as a facilitator. Your interpersonal skills will be crucial for that role to build strong relationships with stakeholders and top management.
- You have no problem with navigating ambiguous situations and have a profound problem solver attitude using data and the user at the center of all your thoughts.
- You use common sense. You have a strategic but simple vision of your product. For you, the product must amplify the value of business expectations.
- You have an analytical mind,and even better, an analytics background. Monitoring our key performance indicators / being able to define targeted increments is part of your daily life. Data is your secret weapon to better frame and measure the quality of our features and increments
- You are fluent in english.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
– A meaningful job: you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
– A meaningful company: we became a mission-driven company in January 2022.
– Be part of a worldwide growing company based in Europe, the USA and Asia to face great challenges : you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
– Work alongside passionate experts: who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow in your career.
– Grow your career: with a flexible career path and a dedicated Learning & Development team. Back Market will help you evolve with personalized internal trainings and external handpicked providers from day 1!
– Leadership Academy by Back Market:“be a coach not a dictator” is at the core of this program ! We train and enable all our leaders to support their team towards achieving goals. Be a manager at Back Market is an unique experience we take by heart.
– An attractive salary, equity and a host of benefits including : Lunch voucher, health insurance, relocation package, paid time off for activism in your community, parental benefits, flexible hours, etc…
– Remote friendly company : up to 3 days of remote work per week!
– One Loving Tribe: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
– Be part of one of our Employee Resource Groups createdaround shared identities, common backgrounds and/or special interests crafted to be a safe space and an expressive outlet.
– Several internal events: The Monday Brief (weekly)/ The Somehands (monthly)/ The All Hands (annual).
– We’re here to SABOTAGE: It’s our mantra. It keeps us focused on what we aspire to be: a little bit sneaky, always smart, kinda frugal and constantly conspiring to create maximum impact.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer which means we pledge to not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.. If reasonable accommodations are needed for the interview process, please do not hesitate to discuss this with the Talent Acquisition Team.