At Voicemod, we've made real-time voice changing a reality. Today, more than 20 million gamers and streamers are creating their sonic identities and turning regular gaming sessions into full-blown spectacles using our revolutionary audio tools.
On its mission to ensure that everybody can express themselves through sound, our team has grown to 100+ people from all corners of the globe. Working at Voicemod means collaborating with a distributed team of ambitious and experienced product managers, engineers, designers and marketers - many of which came from Google, LinkedIn, ESL or Delivery Hero to join us on our quest to push the boundaries of how we interact with others online.
Everyone you’ll talk to at Voicemod will tell you one thing: we genuinely and deeply care about our people and our users. We’ve created a culture and products that we’re proud of and now we’re looking for someone with passion and drive to help us shape the future.
Sounds like you?
About the role
What you'll do
- Capture and analyze requirements from the Product team, with a strong understanding of the “why” behind the “what”
- Architect solutions to said requirements, leveraging existing components and developing new ones
- Identify key tasks, not only to produce the feature but also to understand technical and user performance once you release the feature to Production
- Develop code that excels in simplicity, readability, maintainability, scalability and performance
- Solve problems, first by identifying what the problem really is and secondly, with the best solution, striking a balance between quality, time and resources spent
- Test your code automatically, and - preferably - before it’s written
- Understand the company tools for analysis and instrumentation and make use of them in your day-to-day to develop your features and maintain a healthy production environment
- Maintain great relationships and collaborate with other Software Engineers, QA, DevOps, Product Managers, Marketing and everyone in the Voicemod family!
What you'll need
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent area of technical study or experience
- 6+ years of experience in Software Development with a strong focus on consumer-centric products
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Strong architectural thinking; understanding of design principles and patterns.
- Flexible working hours: Adapt your job to your lifestyle
- Remote working: Decide if you want to work from home or from our office in Valencia — or both! All working equipment and peripherals will be provided by us
- Summer days: Enjoy your summer with shorter work days from mid-July to mid-September!
- Holidays: 23 paid vacation days (+ Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve off) and an additional day for our local Valencian festivity “Las Fallas” which usually happens in March
- Wellbeing: Paid sick leave as well as maternity/paternity leave, and healthcare insurance for employees residing in Spain
- A competitive salary package
- COVID-19 stipend to compensate for work-from-home costs
- Free English or Spanish lessons from beginner to advanced levels
- A cool, gamer-oriented environment with like-minded people. Game nights are common around here!