Fleet Management Europe is a line of business of Webfleet Solutions combining our market presence across all European countries. You will be joining a team that currently mainly work for the “Enterprise and Alliances” segment with the line of business. The team’s mission is to create and provide relevant new products or product adaptations and extensions, as well as solutions that that comply with local regulations, and address the most relevant industries in the target markets.
Here is a little taste of your challenge:
No matter whether it is to implement a new feature, fix a bug in production, extract some data and deliver it to customer support, change system configurations, solving problems together with 3rd parties and system partners by:
- Discuss, define, and develop enhancement and adaptions of existing products as well as new products and services, or integrations with 3rd party systems for the purpose of meeting the requirements and regulations and increasing the market reach in the respective target geographies.
- Create solution designs for and deliver complete sets of functionalities from backend to frontend; the key technical focus of the role will be more on the backend, but depending on project requirements you also step into other technical areas.
- Work in a technically complex and sensitive environment, which will require you to build relevant functional knowledge about the products, technical knowledge about the platform’s stack and architecture.
- Keep a keen eye on application performance, operability, robustness, monitoring and failure resilience, data privacy and the security of individual services and the whole system.
- Take holistic responsibility including ongoing functional and performance improvements, bug fixing and issue solving on the production instances of your applications and test automation as well as necessary configuration and data changes.
- Be involved in enabling and rolling out solution to drive the business of large or enterprise partners and customers on various levels.
- Apply agile methods to organize yours and your team’s work, make your planning and team performance transparent and to manage your stakeholders.
Who are you?
There is no set route to become Software Engineer in Webfleet Solutions. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- A degree in computer science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Great communication skills, holistic and systemic thinking, goal-orientation, quality-focus, versatile problem-solving skills, an open mind as well as at least 4 years of experience in commercial software development.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- A desire to work as part of an international organization and cooperate with other software engineers, system engineers, architects, product owners and external partners across multiple locations.
What can you expect?
- An adventure in software product development within a rapidly growing. business unit of a globally renowned brand and various opportunities for your professional development.
- Being part of a team of expert developers and contribute in building and adapting technology for the Webfleet Solutions Service Platform.
- No dress code. Just come as you are – we can’t wait to welcome you in our specious and luminous office.
- Brilliant minds. Learn from your colleagues – pioneers and experts who are changing the world.
- Different cultures. Our colleagues come from all over the world, with 55 nationalities and counting.
Let’s not forget the good stuff!
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package in addition to the salary:
- Private health insurance (including children and partners)
- Pension Plan
- Lunch vouchers + free coffee at the office
- Flexible working hours
- Almost no dress code (the only existing restriction is that you are required to be dressed decently and wear shoes on your feet)
- Plenty of formal training for new joiners + access to LinkedIn Learning
- Once you have earned the merits to warrant it, there will be opportunity to attend trainings and conferences on company budget
- Annual performance reviews, personal development plans, and as much feedback as you want and can handle through regular 1:1 meetings
Who are we?
Webfleet Solutions is one of the world’s leading telematics solution providers, dedicated to fleet management, vehicle telematics and connected car services. Its main Software-as-a-Service solution WEBFLEET is used by businesses of all sizes to improve vehicle performance, save fuel, support drivers and increase overall fleet efficiency. In addition, Webfleet Solutions provides services for the insurance, rental and leasing industries, car importers and companies that address the needs of businesses as well as consumers. Webfleet Solutions has over 50,000 customers worldwide and services drivers in more than 100 countries, giving them the industry’s strongest local support network and widest range of sector-specific third-party applications and integrations. Our customers benefit every day from the high standards of confidentiality, integrity and availability of our ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified service, re-audited in November 2018.
Webfleet Solutions is part of Bridgestone Europe NV/SA (“Bridgestone”), a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, a leader in advanced solutions and sustainable mobility.