Senior Java Engineer in Barcelona
Building the next-generation grocery ecommerce suite that´s changing the way the world shops
At Ocado Technology, we’re an ambitious global company completely transforming the way the world shops with our cutting-edge AI, ML and robotic technology. With our retail partners spanning the globe, there’s a huge amount of growth and opportunity.
The e-commerce stream plays a key role in offering frictionless, convenient, and hyper-personalised shopping experiences for millions of global users across multiple platforms, in different regions, languages, currencies, and more.
You will be part of a team comprised of other Software Engineers, a Team Lead, and a Product Manager. You will contribute to the delivery of features from conception to production in a company whose primary programming language is Java.
Based in our Barcelona office in the heart of the 22@ hub, this amazing community of 27+ nationalities offers an unparalleled culture focused on growth and learning.
Some things you might work on:
- Playing a key part in the technical design of solutions to interesting problems
- Working with the team on continuous improvement of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Developing new systems and capabilities as well as making changes to existing systems owned by other teams
- Promoting good engineering practices, bug prevention strategies, testability, fixing security vulnerabilities where appropriate, and other advanced quality concepts
- Participating in out-of-hours support rota where agreed
- Tech stack: Java, Python, Kotlin, Swift, Firebase, Terraform, Docker, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, ELK, New Relic, Cloudwatch, Prometheus, Grafana and more
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A BSc degree in Computer Science (or a related field)
- Good command of English (spoken and written)
- OOP and software design skills
- High level of proficiency in Software Development
- In-depth prior working experience in Java
- Passion for developing high-quality enterprise software
- Eagerness to take an active role in supporting the business needs
- Passion and understanding of TDD and Clean Code
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- Knowledge of AWS/Cloud environments
Curious about our hiring process? See here
Who we are
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust,
Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above
gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.
What we can offer you
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment, where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in-house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
We are growing rapidly, making it a very exciting time to join, as we are currently at a brand new office in the 22@ district - the thrilling tech area of Barcelona.
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Click to find out more about Ocado HYPERLINK "https://ocadotechnology.com/working-here/" Technology and our recruitment process.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry also means transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the Everyday Pioneers to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Changing the way the world shops, for good.
About Ocado Group