At Ontruck, we have been working for five years to make road logistics more efficient and greener. It's a complex and exciting world with multiple possibilities. Technology and design are only beginning to glimpse the endless options they have to redesign a sector still anchored in traditional methods.
Awarded by Bloomberg for the BloombergNEF Pioneer 2021, we are the first Spanish company to receive this award and the only European company in this edition's rankings. French, British, German, and Spanish investors have backed Ontruck looking to reinvent the freight transport sector.
As a Senior Front-end Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and improving our current products and services participating across all the phases of the software development cycle. You will solve complex problems in order to make our platform more efficient and scalable.
This cross functional role will give you the opportunity to collaborate with Engineers, Product and Business using lean methodologies. Therefore, you will get involved early in the Product Design process, meaning you will make an impact helping to decide what we build and how we build it.
- You're not afraid of tough challenges, both product-wise and technical, and like to contribute your views.
- Solid experience in front-end development and proven experience building and optimizing web applications.
- You care about the product you're building and the problem you're solving, not just about the technology you're using. You take pride in choosing the best technical solution for a problem by taking all constraints into account, instead of chasing the latest shiny not-ready-for-production technology for the sake of it.
- You appreciate modern development techniques such as code reviews, pair programming or mob programming. You are polite when reviewing other people's work and take it well when you get feedback on yours.
- You enjoy working in a team. You are able to take into account other peoples’ solutions and proposals as well as pitch your ideas to your colleagues.
- You have a degree (or equivalent), in something like maths, engineering or physics and you have significant knowledge in computer science, networks, algorithms, data structures and design patterns.
- We have a decoupled architecture, based on REST APIs and asynchronous services. We work with React in the frontend platforms (customers and admin), native in mobile apps (truck drivers), Python/Django in the transactional backend and Elixir for real-time functional needs. Our DB is PostgreSQL and the queues run on RabbitMQ.
- We use a dedicated ERP to avoid reinventing the wheel there and we also have built a DWH/Analytics platform which takes advantage of external solutions.
- Opportunities for personal growth and learning, every single day.
- A flat, laid-back culture. Everybody is encouraged to participate in discussions and contribute.
- High-trust environment. We believe in giving autonomy to all our employees.
- Competitive salaries and stock options packages. We want everyone to have ownership and participate in company success.
- A lovely office in central Madrid. We are easily accessible by public transport, as well as close to public bike stations.
- Flexible working hours. You can organize your schedule. We are remote friendly and are currently working an 80/20 split of home vs office work.