Senior Engineering Manager for Booking Fulfillment in Barcelona
At Kiwi.com, technology is at our core and data drives our decisions. We help you find and book cheap itineraries via our technology, checking all available routes, their combinations and identifies the best deals to make travel accessible and empowers you to curate travel experiences. We are one of the fastest growing technology companies in Central Europe.
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager for the Booking fulfilment organisation and our mission is to build a large-scale processing platform with the aim to maximise stability, scalability and sustainability by securing smooth order processing.
You will manage, coach and develop engineering teams, ensuring the development of both the individuals and the team(s) as a whole are in line with organisational objectives and direction. You will be responsible for highly reliable and scalable services. In addition to this, you will collaborate with platform-product leaders and key stakeholders to drive engineering design, feasibility, compliance, and fast time-to-market for new and existing products.
- Develop initiatives and processes for automation to drive business goals, objectives, and programs by analysing data and evaluating key business components to assess current performance baselines, identifying gaps, opportunities, and improvements for automation.
- Establish and lead the automation at Kiwi.com and Lean Centre of Excellence as a centralised operation across cross-functional domains by providing education, best practices, standards, and resources.
- Stay up to date on industry trends around bot protection and payment processing technologies, open source development and dev ops processes, mentoring team on innovation, modern design and service engineering.
- Help define Technical Roadmap and be responsible for the entire product delivery end to end.
- Work very closely with various business partners to drive the execution of multiple business plans and technologies
- Lead others by exemplifying growth attitude, inclusiveness, collaboration, and customer happiness.
- Mentor, coach and grow engineers.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Business Management, or a similar field.
- 9+ years of technology leadership experience managing engineering teams.
- Strong ability to solve problems, troubleshoot, analyse processes, resolve issues, and communicate effectively with senior business and IT stakeholders.
- Experience with scraping technologies at scale with managing transactional customer flow will be an added advantage.
- Ability to understand and design technical specification documents.
- Familiarity with Agile software development lifecycle and tools (e.g. Jira).
- Experience leading and coordinating code reviews and unit testing to ensure quality of automations.
- Experience building and interfacing with APIs.
- Strategic thinking and big picture orientation/business acumen with strong interactions with key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills and ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels in the organisation and with external credibility.
- Has an innovative, agile, and high-performing teaming mindset.
- The opportunity to join our Phantom Stock scheme.
- We give our employees a freedom to choose between the environment of work from home and our modern office located in the centric neighbourhood (Passeig de Gràcia) in Cloudworks coworking space where you can enjoy Kiwi.com’s private office space, two common terraces with great views, common coworking activities (yoga, games, etc.), free refreshments and shower.
- We also enjoy benefits, such as flexible working hours, 30 paid vacation days, sick days, private medical insurance, Employee Assistance Program, GymForLess membership, the annual subscription for El Bicing.
- Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
- Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
- We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
- Relocation package (including visa transfer support).
- Dogs and parties are welcome in our offices.
We offer you
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Throughout the recruitment process and for some time after it’s finished, we’re going to process your Personal Data.
Brno, Czech Republic
1,000 - 5,000