The beauty industry is going through a massive transformation. As the concept of beauty is shifting toward a holistic definition beyond the mere outer appearance, consumers are expecting a personalized approach from their favorite brands and retailers - this is where Revieve comes in.
We help the world's leading brands and retailers offer personalized digital brand experiences built upon AI/AR across the most personal verticals: beauty, wellness, and health. The core of our tech is our "Mobile Skin Diagnostics'' - a proprietary computer-vision technology which analyzes the user’s facial features. Our customers, such as A.S. Watson, Shiseido, No7, to name a few, are spread across four continents and represent 25 countries!
This is how you can make an impact
You are key to facilitating our growth, as you will maintain our SaaS products and expand them into new regions and cloud providers when we secure new global partners. We deploy our infrastructure close to our partners’ customers and therefore, you will get to do multi-region deployments on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Alibaba cloud. Additionally, you will get to improve our current solutions by designing REST APIs.
In this role, you will
- You will set up and maintain the infrastructure that powers our applications and services on AWS and Alibaba cloud.
- You will design, deploy, and maintain our simple backend REST APIs based in Python.
- You will help in designing, implementing and deploying the observability systems. This also means helping developers prepare the observability of their applications.
- You will also use Terraform and Kubernetes to participate in the ongoing migration to Infrastructure.
- You will maintain and improve the CI/CD pipelines supporting our applications and reach a good unit test coverage for your developments and changes.
- You will work on coding operations to aid teams on a day-to-day basis. You will also work on automating those operations when required.
To succeed in this position, you need to
Note! You don’t need to have the full stack of these skills but a representative share of them:
- 3+ years of experience within systems administration, cloud infrastructure or DevOps. Ideally, you have worked on large codebases before.
- Strong expertise in AWS Cloud, including concrete experience in managing IAM roles and policies, as well as other common AWS services.
- Strong experience with containers: you understand their value, limitations and how they can be used for troubleshooting.
- Expertise in Terraform and interest in IaC.
- Understanding of data formats like JSON and XML.
- Some experience in distributed systems at scale.
- Proficiency in designing and implementing REST APIs, HTTP protocol and authentication methods.
- Some experience with Python, Node.js, shell scripting, Kubernetes, Linux, and robust CI/CD pipelines.
- Additionally, we value your experience in any of the following: MongoDB, Parse SDK, AWS EKS, AWS ECS and AliCloud.
We surely hope you enjoy programming (not just quick scripts!) and are excited to have a mix of developing code and infrastructure in your day.
Meet our Tech Team
We are a community of 20 talents led by Samuli, one of our founders and a down-to-earth guy. You could call Valencia our home base but actually, we are spread all over Europe. While we are all experts in our respective fields from UX to Fullstack and Computer Vision and therefore, work quite independently following the agile principles, we do make time for building personal connections through the professional code reviews and by having a laugh together virtually or over beers face-to-face.
What you can expect in the recruitment:
- Step 1: Getting to know each other a bit better over the phone
- Step 2: Fun and short assignment (max. 45 - 60 mins - we promise!)
- Step 3: Meet one of your future colleagues
- Step 4: Let’s agree on the details!
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to be a part of building Revieve’s growth by expanding teams and supporting the development of our talents
- Network of supportive colleagues around the globe
- Flexible working hours
- Personal budget for skill development and well-being
- A company-performance based Employee Option plan
- Personal budget for equipment
- Occupational Healthcare and Dental plan
- Full-time role, with an opportunity to work remotely
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation (five weeks/ year)
- Paid parental leave
This is us
We are a mix of 60+ people from different professional backgrounds representing 25 nationalities from five continents and working in eight time zones. What connects us is a growth mindset, the sense of taking ownership and proactive action, as well as the values of autonomy and flexibility. We relish in our growth environment that challenges us to take on new responsibilities and find creative solutions to the problems we face. We have the freedom and trust to do our jobs as we best see fit, so long as we keep our promises and the deadlines.
Joining us, you'll be part of a fast-paced environment where we get stuff done but appreciate each other as whole humans with a life outside the office as well.
Intrigued? We look forward to hearing from you!