chess24 was launched in 2014 and has grown into the best destination for watching top chess tournaments and enjoying the highest quality chess content online.
Play Magnus, an Oslo-based company backed by World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen, also launched in 2014, and in March 2019 the two companies combined forces. Play Magnus brings expertise in mobile apps and education along with the direct involvement of arguably the greatest chess player of all time. The goal remains to deliver the world’s best chess experience.
We are currently looking for a DevOps engineer who will take ownership of the chess24 cloud infrastructure.
- Automate processes to improve scalability and performance
- Tune accuracy, performance and fault tolerance of our systems
- Cooperate with developers and QA in product creation
- Adapt to and learn new technologies
- Establish and advocate DevOps best practices in the team
- Help with capacity planning
- Bachelor's/Master's in Computer Science or equivalent
- In-depth understanding of Linux system administration
- Deep knowledge and 5+ years of experience with AWS cloud services ecosystem: EKS, Docker, Terraform, EC2, RDS
- Strong understanding of alternative IT automation systems: Ansible, Puppet
- Knowledge of scripting languages typical in the system administration world: e.g.: Shell, Python and/or Go
- Ability to iterate quickly with testing new ideas
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
It would be an advantage:
- 3+ years experience developing services in one of the technologies we use (nodejs, Go, postgresql, mongodb, mysql, redis)
- Self-motivated, and results-oriented.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
- 🕐 Flexible working hours
- 🚢 40 days of holiday (including all statutory and other public holidays in your place of residence)
- 🎁 Birthday off
- 🏠 Work from home anywhere in Europe or at any of our offices
chess24 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to support and create a diverse work environment. We are hiring without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation or identity, family or marital status, religion, nationality or disability status. The interview processes are conducted fairly based on your experience and skills. We look for and value the most talented people. Everyone is welcome!
About Play Magnus
50 - 200