Senior Data Scientist in Madrid
Ryanair Labs is the technology brand of Ryanair, a start-up inside a corporation and a state of-the-art digital & IT innovation hub creating Europe’s Leading Travel Experience for customers.
Madrid tech hub is dedicated to hiring top-talent inside and outside Spain with different backgrounds creating eclectic and inclusive teams that want to have a game-changing impact on a business that carries more than 150m passengers per year on over 2,100 routes.
Your mission with us
We are looking for a (Senior) Data Scientist to work in a multi-disciplined team, working alongside Developers, Designers and Product Owners, who will own their work from the initial idea to the final implementation. The role will also involve mentoring junior members of the team who have an understanding of the area, but may need to lean on a more experience colleague from time-to-time. The role will allow for opportunities to work in a variety of areas such as commercial, logistics, predictive maintenance, and anything else that you may think of, or that will come your way.
Ideal Candidates should be able to demonstrate
- Minimum 4-6 years of relevant work experience (e.g., as a statistician / data scientist)
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, etc.)
- Professional experience in working with large, complex data sets from data processing to using mathematical techniques to build a predictive model.
- Broad knowledge of Machine Learning topics (clustering, forecasting, classification, anomaly detection)
- Able to conduct statistical experiments to measure the effectiveness of our analytic products
- Experience using probability distributions and applying Bayesian techniques.
- Experienced in visualization techniques
- Proven track record of being able to deliver insight with the ability to visualise and explain a model to a target audience.
- Technically capable across a range of technologies (Python, R, SQL etc)
- Fluent in English
- Experience working with Anomaly Detection or Time Series Analysis a plus.
- Experience working with Cloud (e.g AWS)
- We promote innovation, all our teams are Agile and several PoCs of new technologies or innovative ideas are launched every week.
- A competitive but flexible technical career plan.
- We believe in an hybrid working model, you can work up to three days per week remote, but you are also going to enjoy the excellent work environment at our modern offices in the heart of Madrid.
- Travel discounts (of course!).
- Regular social meetings!