Senior Data Engineer in Madrid or Remote
At Clarity AI, we are committed to bringing social impact to markets. We are a tech company started in 2017, leveraging AI and machine learning technologies to ensure environmental, social and governance dimensions are the focal point of decision making within financial markets.
We are now a team of more than 180 highly passionate individuals coming from all over the world. Together, we have established Clarity AI as a leading startup backed by investors and strategic partners such as SoftBank, BlackRock, and Deutsche Börse who believe in us and share our goals. We have plans to continue growing our teams in Spain, Portugal, the UK, and the US this year so if you would like to join us on this rocket ship, keep reading!
Clarity is looking for a Senior Data Engineer for the Tech team. If you’re a Software/Data Engineer, specialized in Data and enjoy solving complex problems with code, developing and you are not afraid of learning new things, we are looking for you.
You will be part of the team delivering the different parts of our production-ready product while co-designing and implementing an architecture that can scale up with the product and the company.
Our tech stack is documented here: https://stackshare.io/clarity-ai/clarity-ai-data
Location: This position can be based within Spain.
- You will help to build a data platform to enable other teams to self-service high-quality data while performing data operations to support their day-to-day actions.
- You will join the data engineering team which is responsible for developing models, practises and systems to support the data lifecycle.
- You’ll support designing and creating all aspects of our ever-growing set of external and internal data pipelines, understand the problems, and tie them back to data engineering solutions
- You will be responsible of designing and building our ETL's
- You’ll transform raw data from different sources (batch and near-real-time) into intuitive data models, using a diverse set of tools (such as Spark, Hadoop, Redshift, Kafka, etc.) to build robust data pipelines of high quality in a scalable fashion (regarding volume and maintainability).
- In order to develop feature and product features, you will form part of cross functional squads including people of many different teams.
- Work closely with Platform, Data Science and Backend teams, as well as product and tech teams.
- Fix, troubleshoot and solve bugs and issues
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We like engineers who adapt quickly to new challenges and break them down in smaller pieces that a highly productive team will find high-quality solutions for. As an Engineer, you will have a solid technical foundation and a strong focus on growing your development skills.
They use best practices to ship high-quality code and continue to push their knowledge.
- You have more than +5 years of professional experience as a Software Developer/Data Engineer, and hold a degree in a quantitative field (CS, Engineer, Math, Physics, … ).
- You have built production data pipelines in the cloud, setting up data-lake and server-less solutions; on top of that, you have hands-on experience with schema design and data modeling.
- Proven knowledge of Python(Pandas) is required, Java/Scala will be a plus
- You have strong SQL skills and knowledge and familiarity with other distributed data stores such as Redis, ElasticSearch, Druid, Cassandra, Hbase.
- You are comfortable working in containerized cloud developments, and familiar with the integration of public and private APIs.
- Strong communication skills. The right candidate can thrive in an environment of asynchronous conversation, since a part of the Clarity team will be based remotely.
- Open to try new technologies and programming languages.
- Fluency in English
It will be a plus if you had:
- Experience in SaaS fast growing business would be preferable, although not required.
- Ideally experience in the financial sector or regulated markets.
- Familiarity with some other technologies / frameworks( Spring Boot, Jersey, Play..) is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
Our people are our main asset. We have built a unique team and we all share 3 differential aspects: Excellence, Passion and Values:
- Our team comprises professionals from leading tech, consulting and banking firms, entrepreneurs, PhDs from top research institutions, and MBA graduates from top business schools.
- Clarity’s Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela, is a successful entrepreneur who has been recognized as one of the most distinguished leaders under the age of 40 by prestigious institutions like the World Economic Forum. Rebeca is joined by an excellent leadership team coming from diverse backgrounds, countries and experiences.
We are different. We work hard to become the best place to work and pride ourselves on our culture:
- Fact based: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution-oriented discussions.
- Diverse: Encouraging diversity of personalities, cultures and experiences.
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
- Meritocratic: Striving for excellence and rewarding the best.
- Flexible: Working flexibly in the broadest sense (schedule, location, vacation, styles).
We care about our employees and think they deserve the best.
- ESOP/ Phantom stock: We want our employees to really feel part of Clarity. That’s why we give them the opportunity to participate in our success with ESOP or phantom stock options.
- Training budget: Continued learning is important to us so we provide everyone with a yearly training budget.
- Additional benefits are available depending on your location.
We are a US company with a UK and Spanish subsidiary. We have offices in New York City, London and Madrid and have possibilities for remote working for many of our roles.
Clarity has received several awards:
- World Economic Forum Pioneer
- One of the most innovative projects in the US. Harvard Innovation Lab
- Top startup with impact worldwide by IMPACT Growth 2017
- Top 10 Fintech startup worldwide by BBVA Open Talent
- Young Global Leader to Rebeca Minguela 2017
Responsibility: Clarity AI Inc. 160 Greentree Drive, Suite 101, City of Dover, County of Kent, Delaware 19904, United States.
Purpose: management of selection processes for new employees.
Legitimation: necessary processing for contract execution.
Recipients: company of the Clarity Group in the country that would carry out the contract or where position is being offered.
About Clarity AI