Senior Back-end Software Engineer in Madrid
We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to expand our distributed team in Madrid, Spain.
Join the Customer Experience team to develop internal tools and customer-facing services that enable sales and marketing of our products. Systems developed by the team are used by thousands of customers every day and are critical to the success of the company. They are based on Django, Docker, PostgreSQL and are deployed to AWS. We are an agile team where practices such as code reviews, pair programming and continuous integration are part of the culture.
You will play a central role in the development of new features and integration with third-party systems to improve the workflows of commercial teams worldwide. You will work with other software engineers as well as product managers from the marketing, sales, customer support and finance departments.
- Design and implement software solutions and integrations with third-party systems to support business activities of Pix4D.
- Introduce and advocate for coding best practices, ensure well-tested and maintainable code.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers and UX designers throughout the development to involve them in the decision making and set expectations.
- Contribute to the documentation to share knowledge and increase the team's expertise.
- Investigate and apply new technologies to make our systems simpler and more efficient.
- 5+ years of experience with Python and REST API frameworks, e.g. Django, FastAPI, Flask and Falcon.
- Proven experience with cloud architectures, e.g. AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Understanding of the importance of a software development methodology and teamwork.
- Proficient English language skills, written and spoken.
- Ability to work from the office 2 days per week. A good fit with Pix4D’s values: passionate, positive, collaborative and respectful attitude.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH
What we offer
- Exciting work with a cutting edge technology and in a fast-growing international company
- Well-located office close to Nuevos Ministerios to enjoy Madrid!
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work possible
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Flexible benefits with Sodexo and private Health insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts for different activities and services with WeWork membership
- Company Social Events
- Engage in projects that involve other team members around the world
- Learning and professional development opportunities
Pix4D is a unique, fun, and intellectually stimulating company where you can grow and excel in your field. Our environment is authentic and multicultural, a place where we respect and learn from each other in the pursuit of being the best at what we do. Get more information here.
Pix4D promotes diversity and offers opportunities across all levels and career paths in all of its offices regardless of gender, race, or religion. We use standardized and structured interviews to ensure all candidates are treated equally and avoid any discrimination.
When you work at Pix4D, you empower professionals worldwide to digitize reality through survey-grade georeferenced 2D maps and 3D models. These outputs can be measured, analyzed, and shared, all based on data from images taken by plane, drone, or mobile phone.
We build solutions that take advantage of technology including reality capture, computer vision, digital twins, and machine learning to help solve our customers' most complex challenges.
Founded in 2011, Pix4D has its headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland and commercial and R&D offices in Denver, Berlin, Shanghai, Tokyo and Madrid.