Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
As a Senior Analytics Engineer, you will design and implement data models that will be the core foundation for our analytics data warehouse. You will build and maintain scalable data processing pipelines using tools and technologies such as SQL, Python, data build tool, Prefect etc. This is a cross-functional role in which you will work closely with engineers, analysts and data scientists to collect, transform, store and serve data across the company.
What you'll do
- Create and own the data models in our analytics environment comprised of Snowflake, Looker and data build tool (dbt).
- Manage our ELT pipelines that feed reporting & analytics systems used by analysts, data scientists and product managers.
- Apply software engineering best practices to our data environment, e.g. testing and version control.
- Work with architects and technology leads to ensure a reliable, scalable, and robust architecture for our data environment.
- Collaborate with product development teams to ensure application design that accommodates reporting and analytics requirements.
- Support product analysts and data scientists with automation, tooling, data pipelines and engineering expertise.
What we look for
- 4+ years of relevant software engineering experience, with a focus on data.
- Experience with cloud data warehouse solutions such as Snowflake or Redshift.
- Strong software development experience, preferably in Python.
- Fluent in SQL and experience with relational and dimensional data modeling.
- Familiar with best practices around data quality, documentation and governance.
- Experience with distributed computing frameworks, like Spark or Hive.
- Proficiency with Kimball design principles, familiarity with Data Mesh a big plus.
- Experience building and optimizing data processing pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with orchestration services like AirFlow, Prefect or Luigi.
- Strong familiarity with *nix environment including bash, command-line tools and Docker.
- Prior experience with CI/CD pipelines and tools (Buildkite, CircleCI, Jenkins) a big plus.
- Experience with systems monitoring and alerting tools (Prometheus, Grafana) a big plus.
- Excellent planning and time management skills, being able to provide deliverables on time; ability to anticipate and resolve project roadblocks.
- Strong communication skills, confidently representing your expertise to peers and stakeholders across the organization.
- Self-motivated, working independently, intrinsic learner.
- Command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
What We Offer
- Medical insurance for the whole family including dental coverage
- €340 monthly expenses for gym, lifestyle, etc.
- 23 standard PTO (Paid Time Off) days, plus up to 2 days from the benefits (to be used on special dates)
- An apple laptop and whatever you need to do your job comfortably and productively.
- We do performance and compensation reviews, and we will try to help you become your better self, be it via mentoring, training, feedback or the possibility to dab on fields where you are not yet an expert.
- We have a very flexible approach to working hours. You can stop to go to the gym, get your little ones to or from school, meditate or do whatever you need or want. There is a need for a certain amount of overlap with Pacific Coast working hours needed for meetings and collaboration that does not fit into asynchronous communications, however, we try to prioritize those, and your main collaborators are based in Spain.
Location - 100& Remote Spain
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! We are currently building operations in Spain. All of our roles are 100% remote.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
San Francisco, CA, USA
1,000 - 5,000
At Affirm, we’re using today’s technology to bring significant disruptive innovation to the financial industry. We focus on improving the lives of consumers by delivering simple, honest and transparent financial products.