Scrum Master in Valencia or Remote
ForwardKeys.com is an innovative company based in Valencia, Spain, with global brand and presence. We are a data, IT and business intelligence company offering a new approach to traveller operational business intelligence, leveraging global flight reservation information and other data to monitor and qualify traveller flows, map global demand, and forecast trends. We provide live, tactical information and exclusive insights to Tourism Boards, Hotels Chains, Retailers, Airports, duty free operators, tax refund, car rentals, and all those that have a travellers-related business.
As we grow as a company, more and more squads from different departments are formally implementing the Scrum framework. This means that we have some already mature Scrum teams, some new ones and more to come, which is a great opportunity for a Scrum Master to come and help guiding the company and the various squads in achieving the Agile mindset through the right practices.
For this reason, we are looking for a second Scrum Master, who will be accountable for ensuring that the Agile teams deliver products with relevant business value, as efficiently as possible, in line with the company strategy and roadmap, working closely together with the Agile software development teams, facilitating the teams’ organization, creating an environment that promotes communication, motivation, constructive feedback and encourages bonding of team members.
As a Scrum Master, you will be the contact point for all team members and stakeholders to ensure the achievement of these goals.
Role and responsibilities:
- Promote and boost an agile-driven environment.
- Guide and the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to become self-organized, cross-functional and to create value.
- Responsible for iteration/sprint planning, the Sprint Goal definition by the team and its use as a reference during the sprint.
- Build a trusted and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving.
- Ensure feedback-loop between the team and the stakeholders, through the backlog, the demos, the participation in team discussions, etc.
- Start conversations about business agility within the organization and support with techniques and tools (Product Discovery, design thinking, Lean UX, etc).
- Provide visibility on the progress and challenges through the proper metrics to show Scrum Team progress, gaps to resolve, velocity.
- Manage timelines and sponsor ownership and accountability at all levels within the teams, promoting autonomous development teams.
- Handle and own Agile ceremonies when needed.
- Drive the team beyond just managing tickets or just applying a process or established procedures; inspire them, challenge the status quo, propose existing solutions and approaches, etc.
- Help the scrum teams mature further and onboard new members or new teams.
- Facilitate discussion, decision-making, conflict resolution; remove impediments and ensure the work gets done.
- Train product owners and other stakeholders in Agile/Scrum if needed.
Personal skills and experience
- Depending on the situation and context, you can act as a servant leader, a coach, a facilitator, a teacher, a mentor, a manager, an impediment remover, or a change agent.
- You have exercised the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team or other agile environment, applying Scrum principles, practices, and values.
- You have a vast experience in managing teams in Agile environments. JIRA is a plus.
- You have worked in IT and software development projects, with distributed teams.
- You master the best practices for the full software development cycle.
- You feel totally prepared to handle at least 2 agile squads.
- Your passion for Agile makes you participate in the Agile Community, being in contact with other Scrum Masters to share best practices.
- Some of your best skills are… self-motivation, ability to stay focused, overcoming distractions, ability to multitask and prioritize, communication and ability to work effectively with others, a creative problem-solving mindset, a can-do attitude and leadership skills.
- Full time, indefinite contract.
- Be part of a fun, successful yet stable, young and exciting company.
- Nice and dynamic working environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- ForwardKeys Fridays: four working Fridays off per year.
- Remote work.
- Wellbeing activities: Pilates, Yoga, Mindfulness and Osteopath.
- English, Spanish classes.
The job location
50 - 200