Our thriving team here at JOOR seeks to continue disrupting the wholesale industry through technology and is searching for talented and motivated Quality Engineer to join us. If you are looking to join a team where you can hit the ground running and take quality to the next level as we scale up our business and development, this may be the role for you.
As a Quality Engineer, you’ll work closely with our Quality team to help us define the best in class testing solutions to be used by all Engineers + Quality Engineers alike. You will play a role in helping shape shared responsibility of Quality culture at JOOR, supporting all stages of development. You will tackle complex problems and build systems that support the Quality of our platforms which in turn support emerging, independent businesses all the way up to global brands and retailers. Our engineers are given a greenfield of opportunity to advance their skills, work collaboratively and see their solutions make an immediate impact for brands and retailers. Read the JOOR Engineering Blog to learn more.
Who We Are:
Backed by Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series C start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management platform that transforms the way these businesses work.
With a CEO recently named a “Woman to Watch in 2020” by Luxury Daily, and a CTO from Google, JOOR is attracting top talent to drive market dominance. We have 140 employees in 10 global offices, including NYC, Philadelphia, LA, Milan, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Berlin and Tokyo. And, we are continuing to grow in a smart, sound way.
Founded in 2010, JOOR now services 12,500+ brands across 53 categories, 300,000+ retailers in 144 countries, and manages an incredible $1.5B in gross merchandise volume (GMV) each and every month Clients include major retailers, like Neiman Marcus and Harrods; e-commerce players like ShopBop; and key influencers like Dover Street Market. Leading men's and women's brands include everyone from Tory Burch, Jimmy Choo, Alexander McQueen, Berluti, The Row and thousands more.
We are one of the few tech companies with a female CEO and 1/3 of our engineering team is made up of women — well above the industry norm. Walking our floors, you’ll find people of every shape, color, ethnicity and creed. If you are looking to join a team of innovators and trail blazers who value diversity of thought and experience, then JOOR is a great choice for you.
- We are revolutionizing the virtual showroom experience
- We partner with exciting brands and retailers from around the world
- We are a global company that is rapidly growing
- We are one of the most diverse and inclusive tech companies
- We have been recognized as a break-out technology start-up driving innovation in the fashion & retail industry.
How You Will Help Us Push The Boundaries of Quality:
- You will be key in evangelizing testing culture working with all parts of Tech at JOOR – including our Engineers, Technical Leads, Quality Engineers and Product Managers.
- Being solutions-driven, you will aid in identifying and implementing testing strategies for the needs of the organization.
- As a Subject Matter Expert, you will seek to continuously learn about our systems, users, and business applications to level up those around you.
- You will take calculated risks, engaging in active research of new testing techniques, methodologies and tools, sharing them with the team, and applying them when there’s a potential for improvement in partnership with Engineering teams.
- You will work with high-level specs, in a fast-paced environment and think critically to provide the best test coverage in both ideal situations and in the non-ideal when constraints are present.
- You will work with other Quality Engineers to level up those around you.
What We're Looking for (Required):
- 2 years prior experience as a QA tester or related role.
- Understanding of technology and how applications are built in order to categorize bugs
- Experience with test plans and manual QA executions.
- Excellent organization skills.
- A quality mindset and responsibility.
- Moderate coding experience to be able to maintain, improve and add end to end tests.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with immediate team and stakeholders outside of the immediate team (ie. Technical Leads, Engineers, Product Managers)
Bonus Skills and Expertise:
- Experience with testing frameworks (Selenium and Cypress would be a huge plus).
- Experience with testing across distributed teams and microservice architectures.
- Experience with multiple tiers of testing including understanding when best to utilize E2E tests, integration tests, contract tests and/or unit tests.
What We Offer:
- Access to Market Weeks to see the product in action
- Collaborate with our teams in NY, LA, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia and Tokyo
- Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company offsites, meetups and speaker series
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company’s performance in relation to revenue and growth
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.