Quality Assistance Lead in Barcelona
Wallapop is a Barcelona based scale-up driven by the purpose to empower people to embrace a more conscious and human way of consumption. We believe in a world where collaborative economy is mainstream. This is what drives us.
Wallapop operates in Spain, Italy and Portugal, offering a catalogue of several hundreds of millions of products and services. Powered by technical innovation and continuous improvement, we bring together the scale & trust of classifieds with the marketplace’s convenience and reach. Our mission is to enable a connected trade ecosystem, making 2nd-hand the norm through the smart use of technology.
Backed by top investors such as Accel, Insight Partners & Naver Corp we bring our total valuation to 690 million EUR and are embarking on our international journey with the aim to become the world’s best unique goods trading platform.
Since our complexity is increasing and our product is expanding across markets, our tech challenges are becoming more complex to solve. We look for leaders to help us navigate through the complexity and lead the team to the next stage.
We see elevating software quality as one of our main levers to unleash innovation. To achieve this vision, our QA members work closely with our software development teams as an integral part of our tech development life cycle.
Now we aim to go beyond. We want to improve our quality metrics by evolving how we approach quality to an embedded model where quality is everyone’s responsibility (also known as whole team testing or shift-left testing).
Are you up for the challenge of leading in the engineering quality field while helping directly in empowering millions of people to embrace a more conscious and human way of consumption?
What You Will Do
- Lead Quality strategy (test planning, test management, quality process, scope of quality, report quality metrics and results)
- Lead quality shift left transformation. You will have an essential role in transforming the way we manage quality.
- Elevate the Engineering Quality culture at Wallapop.
- Champion best engineering quality practices. You will have to help the QA team be a top-notch team through mentoring/training and helping them use the best tools and processes (exploratory testing, 3-amigos, BDD/ATDD, risk management, test matrix, test management, bug reporting, …).
- Collaborate with managers to understand QA members’ development needs and sometimes mentor QA team members.
- Participate in hiring (interviews and reviewing expertise challenges) and co-lead improvements in our hiring assessment activities.
- Elevate Wallapop's culture by ensuring learning is happening among QA members in your tribes.
- Encourage and mentor the QA team to represent Wallapop externally, and at times we expect you to represent Wallapop in internal and external events too.
What We’re Looking For
- A passionate engineering quality leader able to organize Wallapop quality activities.
- Strategically quality thinker able to frame and execute a good engineering strategy at Wallapop.
- Strong experience in code is appreciated but not required.
What Would Be A Plus
- Strong coding experience
- SDET experience
Do note that all our jobs are Barcelona based. We work in a mostly remote capacity offering great flexibility to our employees, but we believe in the power of getting together regularly in our office. As a first iteration, we expect a 4+ day/month office attendance for which the specifics are decided on a team level.
Wallapop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees as we want Wallapop to be a place for everyone.
We sponsor visa processes for international candidates when applicable and provide legal & admin support along the process combined with a competitive relocation package.
Additionally to the opportunity to contribute to an agile product set up and work together towards achieving our meaningful mission, we offer the following Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive phantom shares package for all employees
- Generous individual learning budget of 2k per year + our very own Wallalibrary
- Group and individual English & Spanish lessons as part of our working day
- Private Health Insurance with Cigna
- Flexible working hours + short Fridays
- Flexible remuneration to deduct from gross salary (kindergarten/food/transport check)
- Gym & Wellness plan, including physiotherapist in the office
- Generous referral Program & Charity Donation
- Extended newborn & adoption leave
- Bonus for weddings & newborns
- Wallarenta (Tax income support)
- Monthly plan for free shipping, bumps & home-pick-up on our services
- Wallanniversary loyalty program
- Contribution towards your WIFI in your monthly payroll
- One-off payment based on compensation package to go towards setting up your wallahome office
- Relocation package (monetary support and legal advice) and visa sponsorship, if applicable
- 26 holidays per year
- TOP hardware of your choice (latest Apple or Windows)
What does the hiring process for this position look like? **Please, note that all interviews take place remotely over hangouts.**
Intro Call - run by talent acquisition, focus on providing more information about the role and the company as well as going over your experience, motivation, and expectations. This usually takes 45-60 minutes.
Technical Task - you will be assigned a test that consists on a practical case to solve in order to assess the technical skills required for the role. You will have up to 7 days to complete it.
Expertise Interview - run by the core team, focus on the hard skills and the ability to deliver in a given context.In this case also on leadership skills aligned with the role requirements
This usually takes 60-90 minutes.
Stakeholder Interview - run by the hiring team and relevant stakeholders, focus on the ability to collaborate & deliver in a cross-functional set-up. This usually takes 60 minutes.
Culture-Add Interview - run by culture interviewers, focus on adherence to Wallapop's purpose and business proposition. This usually takes 60 minutes.
Offer - should you be the right candidate, your offer will be discussed over a call with talent acquisition and will then be confirmed in writing.
Wallapop is a pure mobile marketplace that helps people find the best opportunities to buy and sell nice things nearby. But beyond that, what we really want to do is offer the best street trade experience to all our users around the world. In order to achieve this we are looking for some special people...
- - Amazing office space.
- - Apple or PC equipment of your choice.
- - Specialised training.
- - Health insurance.
- - Amazing offsites twice a year.
- - International team (now 10 nationalities) .
- - Help with apartment searches.