We’re Rover.com’s European hub in Barcelona. A multicultural team boasting +27 nationalities and their gorgeous furry friends. Our product & engineering team builds experiences that improve and simplify life for pet parents globally.
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. Our apps and website help you easily discover, book, and manage personalised care for your pets including boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy daycare. We were founded in 2011 in Seattle (headquarters), on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a pet.
Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company.
Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our side.
We’ve been around for a while and have recently become a public company! But this is just the beginning.
Who we're looking for:
We're seeking an experienced testing leader to help shape Rover's overall testing strategy. This is a new role at Rover, and we are looking for candidates who work well with ambiguity and are able to build strong relationships across the organisation.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and is able to understand business objectives, product requirements, and engage in high-level conversations about our testing infrastructure. From this understanding, our ideal candidate will be able to lead well-reasoned and data driven initiatives to drive our product quality and overall developer productivity to be even better.
- Act as leadership for Rover's overall quality and testing strategies, including ownership of acceptance criteria and test plans
- Advise Product Managers on writing quality acceptance criteria and how to improve test plans
- Participate in the pre-release testing process for Rover's iOS and Android apps
- Attend incident post-mortems and drive preventative testing improvements
- Monitor unit and blackbox testing suites for feature coverage
- Develop and evangelize engineer-lead processes for feature release quality assurance and regression testing
- Work closely with our Support Engineering team on our bug backlog and prioritization system
- Establish and track a baseline set of quality assurance metrics to help inform our long and short term goals
- Assist in the maintenance and expansion of Rover’s automated end-to-end testing suites
- 5+ years of experience in software testing
- Experience with automated UI testing approaches and infrastructure
- Experience with unit testing approaches and infrastructure
- Experience leading the QA process and building consensus across an engineering organization
- Comfortable working in a fully CI/CD development environment, where developers ship new features all day every day
- Django/Python Unit Tests
- Buildkite (CI/CD)
- XCTest for iOS
- JUnit, Roboelectric, and Espresso for Android
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Stock options
- Private health insurance
- Gym allowance
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Free Tuesday breakfast and every other Thursday free company lunch (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more (Remotely due to Covid19)
Due to COVID-19, Rover Employees are not required to be in office until Q1 2022 at the earliest.
Please submit your CV in English.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.