QA Engineer in Barcelona
Wallapop is a Barcelona based scale-up driven by the purpose to empower people to embrace a more conscious and human way of consumption. We believe in a world where collaborative economy is mainstream. This is what drives us.
Wallapop operates in Spain, Italy and Portugal, offering a catalogue of several hundreds of millions of products and services. Powered by technical innovation and continuous improvement, we bring together the scale & trust of classifieds with the marketplace’s convenience & reach. Our mission is to enable a connected trade ecosystem, making 2nd-hand the norm through smart use of technology.
Backed by top investors such as Accel, Insight Partners & Naver Corp we bring our total valuation to 690 million EUR and are embarking on our international journey with the aim to become the world’s best unique goods trading platform.
Here at Wallapop we are constantly looking at how we can improve as a company. While we already have existing processes and strategies regarding QA, and while we expect you to work comfortably with them, the key of this role is that you have a mindset for challenging the status quo and a strong motivation for continuous improvement towards our current QA strategy and processes. We expect you to fully understand our current situation and based on that lead change initiatives that impact positively in our teams.
We are looking for a QA Engineer who will join one of our multidisciplinary teams working towards improving our app and services everyday. You will help us to define, establish and spread our QA strategy, enabling the teams delivering high quality solutions to Wallapop users. We also have upcoming new challenges on the horizon for 2023 and we are looking for motivated colleagues who will help and contribute with ideas and solutions on how to tackle these challenges successfully.
We see elevating software quality as one of our main levers to unleash innovation. To achieve this vision, our QA members work closely with our software development teams as an integral part of our tech development lifecycle.
Now we aim to go beyond. We want to improve our quality metrics by evolving how we approach quality to an embedded model where quality is everyone’s responsibility (aka whole team testing or shift-left testing).
You will be coordinating with a wide range of different roles, including developers, designers, product managers, engineering managers and the QA team itself. We expect that you are able to make effective proposals with a deep understanding of different goals and needs and that you communicate effectively with all these different roles.
Does this sound appealing to you? We are looking forward to hearing from you!
What You Will Do
- Ensure enough requirements/behavior definition (write acceptance criteria) for User Stories.
- Working with agile frameworks like Scrum and Kanban
- Collaborating in taking decisions with the team
- Be an active part of QA initiatives, whether you come up with ideas, collaborate to make it happen, or even lead initiatives themselves
- Being proactive and helping member of your multidisciplinary team to improve processes and overall quality of their delivery
- Own team Quality strategy (test planning, test management, quality process, scope of quality, report quality metrics and results)
- Lead quality shift left transformation within your team. You’ll have an essential role in transforming the way we manage quality.
- Elevate the Engineering Quality culture at Wallapop.
- Assess risks and help defining the testing strategy for each piece of work
- Manage test data
- Management of testing tools, error reporting, results reporting and metrics
- Perform exploratory and regression testing
- Help the team and participate in the definition of ATDD/BDD tests
- Analyze the test pyramid coverage and ensure that the right tests run at the right place.
What We’re Looking For
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Coach developers on contributing to Wallapop test scenarios
- Analysis, verification, and follow-up of bugs
- Experience with Agile Development Process
- Able to read Unitary and Integration test
- Foundational programming skills
- Experience with Web/Mobile Based Testing Applications
- Thorough Understanding of Software Development Life Cycles
What Would Be A Plus
- Capacity to drive changes to engineering practices to improve quality assurance
- Knowledge of macro architectures
- Comfortable deploying code to test environments through the deployment framework
- Be able to implement and advise full CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of SQL Scripts and able to write SQL to work with Databases
- Knowledge of test automation and encourage its use
- Strong coding experience
- SDET experience
Who you are
- A team player able to work effectively with different teams and roles (Backend, Frontend developer, Product Owner, UX/UI, QAs)
- Not afraid to be hands-on when necessary
- A good communicator, problem solver, organized and proactive
- Curious, creative and exploratory behavior
- Adaptable and eager to learn
- End user empathy and understanding of business strategy
- Knowledge sharing and mentoring
Do note that all our jobs are Barcelona based. We work in a mostly remote capacity offering great flexibility to our employees, but we believe in the power of getting together regularly in our office. As a first iteration, we expect a 4+ day/month office attendance for which the specifics are decided on a team level.
Wallapop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees as we want Wallapop to be a place for everyone.
We sponsor visa processes for international candidates when applicable and provide legal & admin support along the process combined with a competitive relocation package.
Additionally to the opportunity to contribute to an agile product set up and work together towards achieving our meaningful mission, we offer the following Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive phantom shares package for all employees
- Generous individual learning budget of 2k per year + our very own Wallalibrary
- Group and individual English & Spanish lessons as part of our working day
- Private Health Insurance with Cigna
- Flexible working hours + short Fridays
- Flexible remuneration to deduct from gross salary (kindergarten/food/transport check)
- Gym & Wellness plan, including physiotherapist in the office
- Generous referral Program & Charity Donation
- Extended newborn & adoption leave
- Bonus for weddings & newborns
- Wallarenta (Tax income support)
- Monthly plan for free shipping, bumps & home-pick-up on our services
- Wallanniversary loyalty program
- Contribution towards your WIFI in your monthly payroll
- One-off payment based on compensation package to go towards setting up your wallahome office
- Relocation package (monetary support and legal advice) and visa sponsorship, if applicable
- 26 holidays per year
- TOP hardware of your choice (latest Apple or Windows)
What does the hiring process for this position look like? **Please, note that all interviews take place remotely over hangouts.**
Intro Call - run by talent acquisition, focus on providing more information about the role and the company as well as going over your experience, motivation and expectations. This usually takes 45-60 minutes.
Task - you will be assigned a task to submit within 5 up to 7 days where you will be able to showcase your expertise and technical skills required for the role.
Expertise Interview - run by the hiring team, focus on the required core skills and the ability to deliver in a given context. This usually takes 60-90 minutes.
Stakeholder Interview - run by relevant stakeholders reflecting the reality of the context of the role, focus on the ability to collaborate & deliver in a cross-functional set-up. This usually takes 60 minutes.
Culture-Add Interview - run by culture interviewers, focus on adherence to Wallapop's purpose and business proposition. This usually takes 60 minutes.
Offer - should you be the right candidate, your offer will be discussed over a call with talent acquisition and will then be confirmed in writing.
Wallapop is a pure mobile marketplace that helps people find the best opportunities to buy and sell nice things nearby. But beyond that, what we really want to do is offer the best street trade experience to all our users around the world. In order to achieve this we are looking for some special people...
- - Amazing office space.
- - Apple or PC equipment of your choice.
- - Specialised training.
- - Health insurance.
- - Amazing offsites twice a year.
- - International team (now 10 nationalities) .
- - Help with apartment searches.