**This position can be remote if you have a Spanish work permit or EU citizenship"
Red Points protects brands and content in the digital environment.
We are a tech company, developing our own custom, high scale solution designed to scan the web in search of violations and infringements. In this process, we employ the help of cutting-edge technologies such as machine learning, image recognition. We also focus heavily on optimizations, parallelization, and scalability, enabling us to run millions of requests daily.
We then leverage our technical and legal expertise to ensure that all infringing data is removed or deindexed automatically. Finally, we provide full visibility and actionable intelligence to our clients through our real-time reporting tool.
We are looking for a Python developer to get involved in our crawling technology, libraries, and hundreds of projects using them, helping us maintain our platform, optimize and improve it further. This position has the possibility of being fully remote.
Your day-to-day will be split between writing beautiful, idiomatic Python code, reviewing pull requests from other team members, debugging complex issues, and also participating in the decision making processes. Namely, contributing with your experience in software design and architecture.
- Good knowledge of Python, with the ability to write reusable and idiomatic code.
- Expertise in object-oriented design, software architecture best practices and patterns, and large scale application development with maintainability and extensibility in mind.
- Experience with web requests, and with the requests python library.
- Experience with TDD, testing best practices and methodologies: pytest, unittest, mock, and responses libraries.
- Experience with using docker/docker-compose for the whole lifecycle including development, testing, debugging, QA, CI, and deployment.
- The ability to express complex ideas in written and spoken English is crucial since our team is composed of people from 5 different nationalities and it’s the language we communicate in.
Nice to have
- An understanding of the architecture of web-applications (including ajax websites), and proficiency with browser-integrated developer tools, for reverse engineering purposes.
- An inclination towards code optimizations (algorithmic complexity, memory usage).
- Proficiency contributing to shared codebases using git.
- Efficient text processing with regular expressions and XML parsing.
- Experience with selenium/nodejs/phantomjs/splash or any similar software for scraping or automation purposes.
- “Can do” attitude. We like to hear solutions, not problems.
What we offer
- Working in a state-of-the-art Python ecosystem with an emphasis on testing and continuous integration.
- Agile software development environment with Atlassian stack for version control, scrum, documentation, and CI.
- Friendly and talented team. With dedicated product owner, technical writer, and QA. Focus on improving processes.
- Engaged leadership that cares about the product and your professional growth.
- You will be part of a large IT department, split into highly specialized teams, working together in harmony to achieve our vision and common goals.
- A relatively flat organizational structure to accommodate faster communication and collaboration.
- We prefer to have face to face interaction with our teams, but we are also flexible with remote options!
- A fun and fast-paced Startup environment with cool people, team buildings, and free Nespresso and Tea.
- Fridays reduced working hours (9:00 to 3:30 pm).
- Reduced working hours during August (we want to enjoy the summer!).
- A sunny office with a large terrace, based in the center of Barcelona, right next to Sants Train Station.
- Private health insurance covered by the company.
- Tax relief on restaurants, travel, and childcare.
- Gym membership to access all DIR gyms in Catalonia and selected YogaOne Centres in Barcelona for a ridiculous price.