Mobile Engineer - React Native in Madrid
Launched in 1998, this pioneering British-born brand has specialised in creating amazing experiences and unforgettable memories - from hotels, city breaks and holidays to theatre, entertainment and spa days. Experts in brightening up online travel, lastminute.com is among the worldwide leaders in the field, helping hundreds of thousands of customers every year find, and do, "whatever makes them pink".
lastminute.com is part of lm group, a publicly traded multinational Group among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry. Every month, the Group reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 60 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to providing our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel-related products and services.
At the heart of our culture is a commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or expression and accessibility. We strongly believe in an equal opportunity space, which is welcoming and celebrates the uniqueness of everyone who works here. We value different lived experiences and respect viewpoints, as we know unicity drives innovation. We want to make sure our people reflect the communities across the world we help travel.
This vacancy is also eligible for the External Referral Programme: Do you have a friend that you think can be interested in this position? Don’t keep it for yourself, click here and suggest us his/her profile! Check out how our External referral policy works here
* Please note that this is also a full remote working position
Do you want to create an impact on a product used by millions of users across multiple devices daily?
We have a daily challenge to reach more than 60 million unique users (in 17 languages and 40 countries) who want to book and personalise their next travel experience. We're looking for software engineers passionate about challenges, such as creating a modern, scalable and resistant platform.
As a Mobile Engineer, you'll work on our next-generation mobile applications, a specific project critical to our customers' needs. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new challenges across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Our products need to handle information at scale and extend beyond selling flights and hotels. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
We're a Product-oriented Mobile team with a growth mindset. We're curious problem solvers bold in our decisions. We like to collaborate, communicate, and share knowledge and technical ideas to grow together.
We give you autonomy over the software you build and offer you the freedom to choose the right tool for the job.
- Take part in the entire product lifecycle and strategy (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Collaborate with product managers and other engineers in cross-functional teams to create the best experience for our customers within our next-generation mobile applications
- Create, maintain and implement the source code to develop mobile apps and mobile platform programs that meet the needs of our products and customers
- Produce fully functional mobile applications by writing clean code
- Research and suggest new mobile products and applications
- Understand how our business works and how products add value to our customers
- Understand how technology impacts our business and could be an enabler for our success
- Learn and share experiences on new technologies and trends and how you can leverage them in current and future products
- Collaborate and share knowledge with others across the group
The Expertise You Have
- Passion and enthusiasm, you love what you do with a pragmatic approach and attention to detail
- 2+ years of professional experience developing publicly available Mobile Apps
- Proven Android or iOS development experience
- Knowledge of React Native (Typescript) framework
- Knowledge of Mobile UI/UX design guidelines and development (custom views, interaction, animations, etc.)
- Experience working in a mobile team using agile and extreme programming methodologies
- Demonstrable experience sharing feedback with teammates in a collaborative and team-based organisation
- Fluent in English
Skills You Bring
- Passion for creating amazing experiences on mobile apps
- Comprehension of business needs
- You do not see challenges but opportunities to simplify the product and technical design
- Self-starter: you take the initiative, bring new ideas and go the extra mile
- Humble and open-minded
- We have offices in 12 countries
- HQ is in Switzerland
- New Madrid office is in Principe Pio (team of ~300)
- Employees in Munich (team of ~45)
- Part of global Product Engineering (team of ~250)
- Which is part of lastminute.com (team of ~1200)
What we offer
- Learning program with hands-on internal sessions and the possibility to join conferences around Europe
- Access to online learning platforms like O’Reilly
- Weekly internal training sessions during office hours to learn and grow, such as our Coding Dojo sessions, which we use to learn and share coding techniques
- LM Talks are our very own knowledge sharing internal sessions
- We'll provide you with top-notch hardware: a 16-inch Macbook Pro with an external monitor
- You can opt-in to work remotely or hybrid from our Madrid or Munich offices
By joining our company, you’ll be able to:
- Join a dynamic team in an inclusive international environment
- Grow with career development and our internal mobility perspective
- Manage your schedule thanks to the flexible start and end of the working day
- Work a shorter working week (36h), with a shorter 4-hour day on Fridays used for learning, development and deep work
- Work partially or fully remote according to local laws
- Enjoy continuous training thanks to our company platform
- Benefit from employee discounts on travel
- Receive 2 days off per year to volunteer
- Free snacks/fruit/hot drinks/water/beverages at our offices
- Participate in amazing summer and winter corporate events
Does this sound like an incredible opportunity to you? Come and join our team!
Your recruiter and hiring manager are available for the whole process to help you in any way they can.
Own it! Live bold! Be yourself!