Are you seeking a unique QA engineering job within an innovative technology firm which is trying to save the world from Google Translate? Do you love creating high quality software solutions with a team of skilled engineers? Yes? You - should definitely read on!
The role you’ll play
You will be executing manual but also automated software test on the core products of our Platform which serves thousands of users on a daily basis. You will also be responsible for finding and reporting usability problems, bugs, and glitches. Ultimately, you will ensure that our products, applications and systems work smoothly and correctly.
The team you’ll be a part of
You will join our second team in the Language Tools Tribe, which is currently a group of 5 dedicated people, working on bringing our translators the best editor and tooling support in the business. We run by the “You built it, you run it” principle, which means that we own the products we build through all phases. The products we build are the most important tools for the translators that use them every day to run their business – what you do will make an immediate impact on their daily work!
The Language Tools team develops and maintains state of the art tools for not only language professionals but also non-experts. Language Tools Tribe #2 is currently developing a next generation Terminology management tool among other things. Our team handles both the Frontend (written in Vue.js) and several backend micro-services as well (created using .NET 5 and running on Kubernetes clusters in Azure.
If you want to make a difference, make it with us by…
- Creating and developing test plans for our new features, while also improving the test plans for our current features
- Executing an extensive array of manual tests to ensure our new features can be brought out to users
- Executing an extensive array of regression tests and report any problems / regressions found
- Being part of feature discovery and user story mapping session to understand the features and functionality you will be testing
- Analyzing the performance of our services and report any regressions / problems / glitches found
- Writing runbooks/documentation regarding our translation/test process
- Ultimately play your part in ensuring our Platform runs smoothly 24x7
In one year, you’ll know you were successful if…
- You successfully helped deliver features in a continued delivery setup within your team
- You are successfully integrated into LanguageWire and your new team and play a significant role in ensuring high quality and uptime for our Platform
- Had fun doing it
Desired experience and competencies
What does it take to work for LanguageWire?
What you’ll need to bring
- At least one year of Software Testing experience
- Understanding of Agile software delivery lifecycle
- Knowledge and training on testing techniques
- Experience writing and executing test cases
- Basic experience with debugging using the Chrome/Firefox/Safari developer console
- Excellent English skills as we are an international team who work closely together
This will make you stand out
- Experience with task tracking and test management tools like Azure DevOps
- Experience with Continues Delivery Pipelines for cloud applications, e.g. in Azure, AWS or GCP
- Being an outgoing person who easily navigates our organization and gets your answers quickly
- Experience with the translation/content industry
Your colleagues say you
- can be firm on project deliverables when you need to be
- have a keen eye for details
- are a quick learner who quickly grasps new information
- always ready to help where needed
Most important things to know about us:
- We eliminate language barriers, so people understand each other. Everywhere.
- We are a tech company. We build our own language tech that gives us a competitive advantage in the language industry.
- We are an AI company. Our in-house AI teams use Deep Learning to develop sophisticated natural language processing services that process hundreds of millions of words per year.
- We are a stable company, and we are growing fast
More detail about us:
At LanguageWire, we are leaders in the world of Language Service Providers, but we are cooler than our competitors. Want to know why? Read on. We are fueled by the most advanced technology (AI) and our goal is to make customer's lives easier by simplifying their communication with any audience across the globe.
We are proud of our unique AI technology and our exquisite customer care. We are even prouder of our people. From our language experts, tech nerds, and customer success drivers to the core of heroes in the background. They all have a stake in supporting the delivery of translations, editing, desktop publishing, and other crazy cool multilingual communication services.
We listen and we care. We adapt our solutions to customer needs and integrate them with customer-specific tech stacks, streamlines and automated workflows. All of this while ensuring all data is protected thoroughly in a secure, meteorite-proof infrastructure. Basically, we've got the whole package!
LanguageWire is a community where communication is open, informal and friendly. The fact that we respect each other personally and professionally promotes collaboration and a positive social environment. We celebrate success and giving and receiving feedback and recognition is a natural part of our corporate culture.
Technology is a big part of what keeps LanguageWire ahead of the competition, but we never forget it’s a business built and powered by people. We ensure that our entire team is happy with what they do, and everyone has the tools they need to achieve. Because at the end of the day, that’s why our customers love to work with us—they enjoy working with a team of enthusiastic people!
Working at LanguageWire — why we like it:
“Being surrounded by so many talented colleagues is one of the best things about working at LanguageWire. The working atmosphere is great, and being part of such a multicultural team represents an enriching and incredible opportunity for the development of my career”
(Anna, Operations Solutions Project Manager, Valencia)
“Why I love my job at LanguageWire? Three things: Team Spirit, Goals and Caring Leadership. It begins and ends with the team. I am motivated because I work with a great team of people who know how to work together, know each other, and thrive when working collaboratively to achieve our goals. We care about each other. As a leader, you need to embrace the whole team to make the team great and achieve set goals. LanguageWire takes pride in caring about it all.”
(Marianne, Customer Success Director, Aarhus)
What are the perks?
We don't stand still. We don’t look back; we drive forward!
Are you the next Wire in our community? Consider a career with LanguageWire, and let’s realize your potential together. These are some of the perks of becoming a Wire...
- Scale-up by facts — start-up by heart
- Enjoy flat hierarchies, direct feedback, and room to stand up for your own ideas
- We are a fast-growing tech company that enables you to develop, be part of the decision-making processes, and suggest new and fresh ways to come up with solutions
- International company. Offices in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Stockholm, Varberg, London, Leuven, Lille, Munich, Hamburg, Zurich, Kiev, Gdansk, and Valencia
- 399 employees with great gender and cultural diversity
- A lot of responsibility and freedom
- We are committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors and countries
- We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and get-together initiatives like online fitness classes, yoga, Christmas parties, etc. We have fun!
- 120+ great colleagues in different business departments.
- Excellent location (20 min walk to the city center) in cool and modern offices
- Working in an international environment—more than 20 different nationalities
- Freshly ground coffee from the coffee machine and free fruit