Lead Full-stack Engineer - Website in Madrid
Too Good To Go
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 10%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste over 40% of all the food produced in the world
Our app connects consumers to surplus food from local restaurants and grocery stores, such as pastries, fresh produce, sushi and more, which would otherwise be thrown away to make room for the next batch of goods. Founded in 2016, we’ve saved over 180 million meals across 17 countries. We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far and we’re just getting started.
We have made great strides to get to where we are and a huge ambition to make an even bigger impact on the world. The role of Lead Engineer will be critical in inspiring the next 250 million people aware of Too Good To Go, and making saving meals with us into a weekly habit.
Your mission is to accelerate the purpose of the website. Acquiring new business leads and signing up new users to save more food on a global level. Making sure latest technology and design trends are used, keeping the user journey clear and efficient
Your role and responsibilities
This is a role within the website team located in the digital marketing department, reporting to the Product Manager. You will be responsible for leading the technical work from the dev team: a frontend and a backend engineer.
You will be responsible for extending and maintaining the website application used in 17 markets, in collaboration with our backend developer, tech lead, product owner and ux designer. As a team we aim to use the latest technologies and ensure scalability from end-to-end of the applications.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Tech Leadership: Responsible for driving the high-level tech & architectural strategy for the websites (thought leadership, tech innovation etc.) You will be the main technical contact for the web team.
- Engineers’ work organisation : Organise the work and attributes tasks to the engineering team. Prioritise the work and ensure that the right things get done at the right time. Running an agile environment, manage sprints and contribute to website roadmap, specifically on tech and dev improvements and new features
- Being the guardian for website technical quality & code quality: you will oversee the work, in a technical sense, ensuring work meets the technical requirements and features are produced to the highest possible quality. Further, you will be expected to be able to code yourself and to tackle complex coding issues and guide the team throughout the process.
- Tech Mentorship: Mentor the engineers and you will be responsible for helping level up the team. Ensure that best practices are implemented and followed. Teach through pair programming and through code reviews. Frequently share articles, advice, and ideas.
Further, you will:
- Ensure high scalability across the website application across 17 markets and 21 localisations.
- Ensure best practices are kept.
- Lead Implementation of new features and new improvements working collaboratively with UX designer, product managers, front-end and backend developers
- Maintain all third parties and vendors are up to date and security risks are limited
- Keeping a tidy hygiene regarding reporting tools, making sure all corners of the website applications are functional
- Keep high performance and lighting fast loading times as well as a great user experience across the websites
- Relevant tech team leadership experience from a similar role
- Relevant front and backend experience/full stack experience. Specially if it’s on Laravel on backend side and VueJs ecosystem on frontend side
- Passionate for latest web technologies
- Experience with building content management systems (CMS) is a plus
- Experience with security and stability for high traffic web applications
- Experience with managing QA, integration and unit testing
- Experience with continuous delivery environments
- Honors high performance in terms of website speed, user experience and accessibility
- Working with continuous delivery/integration and scrum methodologies
- Ability to keep focus and deadlines
- Pragmatic mindset. You’re passionate, hands-on & autonomous. You take initiatives to get the job done, no matter how hard the problem seems.
- Experience working in a collaborative multidisciplinary team
- Team Player. You have good communication skills and the ability to translate unclear ideas into tangible actions and measurable objectives.
- Eco-conscious. You’re truly passionate about sustainability and fighting food waste as you know the urgency of change and action for the planet.
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1200+ enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
About Too Good To Go
1,000 - 5,000