At Busuu, we believe amazing things happen when we learn together. This belief has led us to develop the world´s largest language learning community with over 100m users from 190 countries, growing at up to 30,000 new users per day. The Busuu experience offers the best way to learn a language, with human interaction and courses created by experts, all powered by smart learning technology.
Our vision at Busuu is to inspire the world to learn together.
Our purpose as employees at Busuu is to inspire the world to learn together.
Join the team
Join a high-pace and exciting new initiative within Busuu - our Live offering! Live connects language students with professional teachers over real-time video conferencing. This new product is seeing unprecedented growth during the COVID-19 crisis - we believe this is a pivotal moment in the online education space and looking for you to help us shape the future of what education will look like for generations to come.
We are looking for a Lead Fullstack Engineer to help lead the technical direction of not only Live but the organization as a whole.
This role is hands-on but with the expectation of owning and building towards a long-term technical vision, mentoring other engineers, and working closely with other departments across the organization.
What Makes An Amazing Lead Fullstack Engineer At Busuu
- Experience in React and Typescript.
- Experience in building high-performing microservices with Node.js.
- Experience with building large scale architectures using cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
- Experience with React Native is a plus.
- Experience in leading engineers, developing talent and hiring
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to work outside your comfort zone, take a problem and solve it with as much or as little support as you need.
Not ticking all the boxes is not a reason to not apply, you will get as well the opportunity to grow within the needed areas.
Being a part of Busuu - How do things work:
We are acutely aware that we are in unprecedented times and like all companies we need to adapt to this in order to safeguard our Busuu community. In order to do this we are constantly reviewing the government guidelines and adapting accordingly to accommodate the physical and mental wellbeing of our employees. In the current global climate, some of our team events are virtual and some of our benefits have been amended.
At Busuu we want to ensure that you have access to some great benefits:
- We have an amazing office which is available for you to work from if you would like to do so, this is completely optional at the moment in the current environment. If you would like to be in the office we have put in place lots of important social distancing practices to ensure you are safe to meet with your colleagues in person
- The office is well-equipped with free breakfast, plenty of snacks, fresh fruit and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late
- Social interaction is really important to us so we have lots of remote activities for you to join into such as team events, socials, online weekly quiz, etc
- Their is a personal training budget just for you, so you can learn more in your field, attend virtual conferences and events that you find interesting
- To keep you active and help your mindfulness we offer weekly virtual yoga sessions
- Busuu offers a great private health insurance scheme.
- We like to support our teams with their work life balance so we offer flexible working hours
- We offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process has the following steps:
- CV application review - We will review your CV as quickly as possible and update you on the next steps.
- Let's chat - Quick chat with our recruiter about your experience and the role.
- Video call interviews - Video calls with the tech team and the hiring manager.
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgement-free zone to speak freely.
If you like the sound of that, join us. We'd love to hear what you have to say.