Junior Software Developer in Valencia
Datamaran is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all of our employees and contractors are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. Datamaran is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; as such all applications received will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
When? As soon as possible
Where? Valencia, Spain
We are looking for a Junior Software Developer to join our engineering team to work on our flagship product and the core libraries behind it.
As a Software Developer, you will be working closely with Engineering leaders, Software developers, and UX/UI designers. We are using FastAPI for the back-end and VueJS for the front-end. You will have the opportunity to work as a full-stack developer or as a front-end/back-end developer based on your experience and interest.
On the back-end side, your responsibilities will include writing APIs for the application and managing our core libraries in python.
The workplace favors having free-form discussions, having space for making your own decisions, and focusing on continuous improvement and high-quality delivery.
- An interest in technology and learning more about it
- Core knowledge of JS and/or Python
- Ability and will to collaborate with people from different areas of expertise
- Be able to work together with helpful and capable software developers, designers, and others
- Have many opportunities for learning
- Have a chance to share your own knowledge
- Improve upon existing skills
- Knowledge of at least one Python web-server (eg FastAPI, Flask, Falcon, ...)
- Basic understanding of functioning of at least one database (eg MongoDB, SQL, ...)
And in return, we offer a competitive salary, career progression and additional benefits, including:
- Access to SafariOnline training and ebooks
- Access to Wellbeing Coach
- A dynamic and international work environment
- 22 days of annual leave + bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours so you can balance your professional and personal life
- Subsidised lunch + Free snacks in the office
- Equal opportunity employer
We are Datamaran: a fast-paced, energetic and high-growth technology company.
We're a distributed and fully digital company with over 70 members of staff working across the globe, with offices in London and Valencia.
Datamaran is the only software analytics platform in the world that identifies and monitors external risks, including ESG. Trusted by blue-chip companies and top-tier partners, it brings a data-driven business process for external risk and materiality analysis. In-house - at any time.
Such a unique mix makes Datamaran a unique, collaborative, and ambitious workplace.
We recognize that people of different backgrounds widen our perspective, so we’re committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in everything we do. Our team of talented individuals represents over 25 nationalities, with 50% of our leaders being women.
We have different backgrounds, we are from all around the world, and we have diverse expertise. What unites us is our focus on performing at our best, continuously learning and thriving as we face new challenges.
We are a close-knit team who supports one another with the bigger vision in mind. We think two heads are better than one, and we consult with and support our colleagues to find the best solutions for our clients.
We are an ambitious company with a mission to put sustainability risk on the radar of every business – and we are passionate about using the latest technology and our creativity to achieve that.
Change is a constant, and we are ready to bend and flex to adapt to the external environment and jump on opportunities. Our vision is clear, but the path to get there may change; we are excited about every twist and turn.