Satellogic is a vertically integrated Earth Observation satellite and data company. We design, manufacture, and operate our own fleet of satellites, the Aleph-1 constellation, which delivers high-frequency, high-resolution imagery plus full-motion video.
Earth Observation imagery and data are key to monitoring change at scale, informing critical decisions, and ultimately helping solve the world’s most pressing problems. Our mission is to democratize access to this information, making it affordable and available for those who need it across a wide range of industries, from climate monitoring and agriculture, to energy, infrastructure and many more. We want to do our part in building a world where every organization is prepared for the challenges of tomorrow.
With a growing team of more than 300 employees spanning 10 countries, Satellogic is a diverse group of purpose-driven professionals across software development, satellite engineering, operations, data science, manufacturing, and sales. We are excited to grow and welcome team members who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning—all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
About the team
The Planning and Tasking Team within Mission & Operations is accountable for handling user tasking requests as well as for creating and distributing operational plans for the satellites and ground stations. To do so, this team provides a robust API for using and tasking our satellite constellation. The team is in charge of the development, maintenance and operation of that API and other internal systems needed for the correct operation of our satellites.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the position
We are looking for an IT/DevOps/SW engineer to assist with technical issues of our services, including monitoring of the systems and giving technical support to the system users. You should be empathetic, have great communication skills and be an eager learner who is highly familiar with programming, preferably with Python.
Remote work from anywhere between UTC and UTC+3 time zones. Satellogic’s office locations in this time zone include Barcelona and Tel Aviv.
- Identify and mitigate any type of service malfunctions, promptly raising the issue with the rest of the team if needed.
- Provide assistance with technical or usage problems experienced by API users.
- Work side-by-side with the operators (the people monitoring the fleet 24/7) to mitigate minor operational problems.
- Identify and suggest opportunities to improve efficiency and functionality.
Location: Europe. Office locations include Barcelona, Tel Aviv.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Python/Django
- Familiarity dealing with technical and non technical users of IT systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Being detail oriented.
- Ability to function independently and in a team environment.
- Familiarity with production infrastructure, *nix.
- Familiarity with monitoring and alerting systems.
- Capacity to learn continuously and passion for pushing the limits.
- Advanced English proficiency levels.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are convinced that hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline will drive innovation, generate new solutions, and deliver a superior product to our global customer base. We work to build an equitable and inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come together to do their best work.
Please specify your pronouns following your name on the application.