Are you an iOS enthusiast? Are you looking for a challenging change? Join one of our tech hubs in Barcelona, Porto, Madrid or Milan (other locations in Spain, Portugal and Italy are equally possible) and help us to shape the future of travel and provide the best travel experience to over 17 million of customers.
At eDreams ODIGEO, we all believe in one thing – helping millions of people discover the world through the power of travel. Our cutting edge travel tech platform does so at scale. Every year, our technology helps more than 17 million customers each year reach their destination faster, cheaper and more conveniently by finding the best travel deals out there.
You will join us in the Travelshop area, where you will influence both product and technical decisions on a daily basis and have a massive impact for our customers. Our mission is to create a one-stop-shop for our customers, where they can find the best travel options for their needs and experience amazing post-booking service in our best-rated mobile app. In the Travelshop area, our teams are working on our future ancillaries retail platform that will take the customer experience to the next level across new and innovative touchpoints.
We set the path. Shape with us the way people travel. Help us build a smarter, more personal retail platform for travellers at booking time, pre-trip and in destination.
You will be part of a very close-knit community of 60+ very talented and experienced engineers, all passionate about delivering the best travel booking experience out there, and helping each other grow. We work hard, live and breathe iOS and always think out of the box to create new exciting features. We value hunger for learning, knowledge sharing and ambition to grow and benefit from the best IT career path in Europe. We build complex applications using the best new methods and technologies. We encourage our team to share new ideas and innovate. We believe in full end to end ownership of results and empower our teams to drive their own decisions for the benefit of the customer and our business, iterating fast to continuously learn and improve. We work side by side with our own Agile Coaches and Product Owners to follow the best practices of the Agile Methodologies because YES, WE KANBAN!
When you join us as an iOS Senior Software Engineer, you will get to:
- Build a single core application for all the different eDreams ODIGEO brands.
- Work with a top-notch tech stack including Swift, Objective-C, XCTests, Fastlane, Cocoapods, Jenkins+CicleCI (for Continuous Integration), Viper (Clean Architecture).
- Decide with the rest of team members about architecture and best practices.
- Work with our integration tools to speed up the development of the new features.
- Work in cross-functional teams composed by developers, QA, UX and PO, all of them sharing the same mission, values, views and going towards common ground.
- Continuously learn and participate in workshops, hackathons and other events as we consider key to be active within the IT community.
- Help the team grow by mentoring more junior team members to continue improving, giving feedback and sharing your expertise.
- Challenge decisions, be proactive and seek to improve technical excellence.
- Promote the use of microservices platforms, clean code and SOLID principles and TDD to the rest of the team. Be a referral of best practices within the team.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Passion for new technologies and clean architecture.
- Experience with Swift, Objective-C, CocoaPods, as well as Unit Tests. Knowledge of other mobile languages or platforms is a plus.
- Knowledge of the criteria for mobile applications design (usability and interaction).
- Knowledge of Core Data, UI testing, frameworks, as well as online continuous integration tools like Bitrise, CircleCI, etc.
- Previous experience participating in open source software projects
- Experience working in a large-scale, distributed, concurrent and scalable test-driven enterprise environment and in a role defining and driving technical work for other engineers.
- Strong technical problem solving skills. Creativity and proactivity to come up with creative options to deliver solutions, and identify opportunities to improve.
- Experience across the software development life cycle (ideally, not just the developing/ coding phase). Ability to do technical analysis, work with UX, test, deploy into production, perform monitoring etc.
- A growth mindset, seeking opportunities to learn, share and grow continuously.
- Some experience in mentoring and coaching more junior developers.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, comfortable to work in large teams or teams of teams
- A good level of technical English to collaborate with people across continents and nationalities
- Proven ability to stay up-to-date on industry trends and understand how to apply them
- A product mindset, with high level of interest in understanding the product and identifying options to improve it
- Team player, you enjoy collaborating, sharing your skills and knowledge with others
- High level of personal leadership and ownership, ability to plan and organise own work and take responsibility
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
What’s in it for you?
- Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
- Life insurance covering death and permanent incapacity to work
- Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
- Continuous growth and learning
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Language classes for English and Spanish
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.