IOMED Data Engineering Team is responsible for building and maintaining optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitate information extraction and transformation
for our main products and internal applications. As the leader of our data engineering department, you will play a critical role in shaping our data infrastructure and strategy while leading and mentoring a team of data engineers. Your expertise will be instrumental in driving our data-driven initiatives and ensuring the efficient management and utilization of data across the organization.
- At least 10 years of working experience working in a data engineering department, preferably with at least 5 as a Lead Data Engineer in a fast-paced environment and complex business.
- Setting and a demonstrated experience in building and maintaining reliable and scalable ETL.
- Experience in data warehousing inclusive of dimensional modeling concepts and demonstrate proficiency in programming (SQL and Python will be your main tools of the trade).
- Experience working with AWS
- Proven skills of putting microservices to use, and you’re comfortable with working with containers in a cluster architecture.
- Work well in a team, can teach & learn from others, and communicate what you’re working on with non-technical team members.
- Experience providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to a team of data engineers, fostering a culture of collaboration, continuous learning, and professional growth.
Also, you will be working in a very dynamic environment, which means that you must have a strong problem-solving ability, organization skills, and be proactive.
Things You Might Do
What we offer
Things You Might Do
- Define and execute a roadmap for data engineering initiatives along with the CTO & Product Development teams, aligning with business objectives and priorities.
- Design and maintain a scalable and robust data architecture that supports data integration, storage, processing, and retrieval. Determining the right tools for the right jobs and ensuring quality & monitoring of all our data pipelines.
- Establish and enforce data governance policies, ensuring compliance with data privacy regulations and best practices for data security
- Monitor the existing metrics, analyze data, and collaborate with other teams in an effort to identify and implement system and process improvements.
- Oversee activities of the data engineering team and provide guidance, ensuring proper execution of their duties and alignment with business vision and objectives.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Permanent contract.
- Company profit-sharing scheme valued at up to €20,000 per year.
- Flexible remuneration with restaurant tickets, transport tickets, nursery, training, and medical insurance.
- Flexible schedule, with the possibility of home office.
- 28 days of vacations per year.
- A warm, transparent and supportive team, with a huge emphasis on work-life balance.
- The opportunity to make your mark in e-health and AI.
IOMED is a leading technology start-up company in the field of massive medical data extraction and processing. It is made up of a united, young, dynamic, and flexible
team, which, after several years of working together, is characterized by its agility, enjoyment of work, and rapport. Accordingly, we are looking for candidates with the
desire to innovate, launch a relevant project, and grow with it, always enjoying teamwork and challenges, which are many, every day.
What we do
As an employer, we offer equal opportunity. We want to grow our team with talented, dynamic people who want to make their mark in the field of AI and research, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical disability, or age.
What we do
Nowadays, there is still great difficulty in accessing Real-World Data (Real-World Data), which are those contained in Electronic Health Records (EHR), since up to 85% of the
existing clinical data is not structured. This represents a loss of opportunity for the sector to improve its healthcare processes and clinical research.
IOMED has developed a Natural Language Processing solution that extracts and transforms clinical data into an international and federated model, OMOP CDM,
resulting in a structured, standardized, and interoperable database that contains complete clinical information from hospitals.
In this way, professionals and the industry can make use of this data and obtain evidence based on all the data, Real World Evidence, that has essential value when it
comes to making decisions, among others. All this, in addition, to assuring the protection and governance of the data at all times.
About IOMED Medical Solutions
IOMED has developed a Natural Language Processing tool that allows hospitals to structure their information identifying clinically relevant variables from medical notes and structuring them into datasets, which can then be easily queried. Thanks to this data structuration, professionals and researchers from the hospitals can access to the information stored in their facilities more quickly thus accelerating patient recruitment by reducing the time invested in this process. At the same time, it allows hospitals to improve the quality of their services.