There are more than 350 million reasons to join Brainly — one for every student you’ll help go from questioning to understanding. Team up with us as we build and continue improving one of the most popular ed-tech products on the planet. In a world of questions and uncertainty, you can be part of the answer as we shape the future of learning and change lives, one student at a time. If this excites you, you know what to do next.
Let’s get to know each other. And get ready to make a difference!
Are you a goal-driven team player who can prioritize tasks? Great! Are you able to adapt to rapidly changing conditions while continuing to learn and better yourself? Awesome! Are you a detail-oriented expert when it comes to focusing on quality? Amazing! If you answered yes to these questions, you could be the perfect candidate for this role!
Brainly is a worldwide expert and a leader in providing homework solutions and peers to peer help for students and parents. With new products on app and desktop, we want to upgrade our current offering and extend our value proposition – from instant and real-time help to video answers.
Members of the Tutoring collaboratively build a new user’s approach and feature sets to the existing Tutoring platform improving our business model, knowledge base, and satisfaction of 200+ million unique users monthly. This is a unique opportunity to directly contribute to the Tutoring Product Teams and product – having a massive impact on the lives of hundreds of millions of students globally. Every day our Tutoring Product Teams are developing and delivering the on-demand expert product to help our audience to get unstuck with their educational doubts. We strongly believe in a user-first approach, and by listening to our audience, we are expanding to new markets (beyond US and India), increasing coverage with additional subjects supported by tutors and scaling up subscription based business models.
We are looking for engineers who are ready to tackle complex challenges with the right tools. We don’t expect our future colleagues to have the experience with every language or tool we use at production. We write mainly in Go but, as everything in life, these can be learned and we are sure that our bootcamp will get you up to speed. We are also a team of engineers with diverse backgrounds and we are more than happy to learn from your experience too.
HOW DO WE BUILD SERVICES?
Back-end engineers enjoy all the pros and cons of distributed programming. We ship changes to production multiple times a day and our delivery pipeline makes your code ready to join thousands of already running containers in just 5 minutes. Our services land on Kubernetes that is hosted on AWS. We also leverage the power of AWS serverless like Lambdas, DynamoDB, AppSync, Cognito, just to name a few. Services communicate either via messaging or good old HTTP. Our platform is defined entirely as code (Terraform, Ansible) and we get lots of goodies out of the box – alerting, logging and telemetry to name a few. We are believers in the DevOps culture, but we still have some things to do to get there.
WHY ENGINEERING AT BRAINLY?
- Enjoy a great engineering culture — we regularly conduct code reviews and schedule time for writing tests.
- Have an impact on every stage of the project, including requirement discussions, design, implementation, and delivery.
- Always go beyond! Our collaborative environment creates room for everyone to learn, improve, and take our engineering to the next level.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Designing, developing, and maintaining code for the Brainly platform to enhance the great learning experience for our users.
- Solving complex challenges such as performance, scalability, and security.
- Collaborating with other software engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of your deliverables.
- Conducting code reviews, contributing high-quality documentation, and building robust test suites for your features.
- Taking part in the recruitment process as a technical recruiter and helping hire great engineers.
- Guiding and mentoring peers with less experience
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- 3+ years of experience writing web services in a general-purpose programming language
- Knowledge of TypeScript and React framework
- Experience with databases/data stores like PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.
- Understanding of core testing principles
- Experience working with public cloud provider offerings (preferably AWS)
- High level of self-organization, ability to make your own decisions
- Ability to brainstorm and co-create new solutions, both business and technical
- Team player attitude and great communications skills
- Ability to learn fast
- Great attention to detail
WHAT WILL BLOW OUR MINDS
- Knowledge of Go or Python
- Experience building distributed systems at scale
- Experience building microservices
- Experience working with messaging queues and/or streaming platforms
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Experience working with NoSQL databases
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING BRAINLY
- We want to see you grow along with us – you will have 800$ per year for personal development, extra time for attending conferences and workshops, and unlimited access to an online learning platform (courses from Coursera, Udacity, Udemy, Harvard ManageMentor, and many others!)
- Health is important, which is why at Brainly, we fully cover private health & dental care packages for you and your family and provide you with a sport card (Multisport Plus in Poland, Andjoy in Spain)
- You will also get an access to online individual psychological consultations with professionals in English & Polish via the Mental Health Helpline
- Flexible working hours – working requires communication, so we work within the European business hours, but we also know that life may be unpredictable, so if you need to jump out of work (doctor’s appointment, emergency, anything) – no problem!
- Your personal concierge AskHenry will support you in your daily duties, eg. planning your dream vacation
- We will provide you with all the necessary equipment & tools, including an additional budget for accessories which will make your remote setup even more comfortable.
WHAT IS BRAINLY
Brainly is the online learning platform where over 350 million students and parents go from questioning to understanding. With their smartphones, users can snap a photo to instantly solve any problem or homework question and be matched with a Brainly product such as Community Q&A, Brainly Tutor, Math Solver or Textbook Detective.
Brainly is built to provide students, parents, experts, and teachers with a collaborative platform and tools needed to succeed in any educational environment. Based in Kraków, Poland, with U.S. headquarters in New York City, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries.
Backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments. Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO.