Location: 100% remote, Spain or wider Europe
Who we’re looking for:
We need a motivated Frontend Engineer who is constantly looking for ways to improve our product. You will be reporting directly to the VP of Engineering based in Spain.
What you’ll do:
- Build reusable web components using React for Next.js
- Maintain and evolve the components inventory using Storybook.
- Build components that connect with our Headless CMS (Contentful) in order to enable content editors to create new amazing pages.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team building the best product possible.
- Review Pull Request of the team
- Take care about the performance of the website in terms of Web Vitals KPIs, SEO, etc.
- Help the team maintain and improve best practices. Write good tests, run static analysis of code, follow naming conventions, analyse possible security issues, etc.
- Integrate 3rd-party tools
The qualifications we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience as a frontend engineer in software development or product companies
- Experience working with Headless CMS (Strapi, Contentful, Prismic…)
- Knowledge of frontend JS frameworks and best practices. We currently use Nextj.s + React, but Gatsby, Nuxt or similar frameworks are also valuable
- Experience integrating third-party JS libraries
- Experience with CSS /JS animations and transitions
- Experience with testing frameworks like Jest
- Experience with Git
- Curiosity about what happens after code goes to a production environment, how it’s deployed, how the performance can be improved
- Best practices oriented
- Experience working with Agile methodologies, mainly Scrum
- Native or fluent English and Spanish
- Willingness to learn, ability to take feedback
- Nice to haves:
- Experience with Google Tag Manager
- Experience developing Node.JS API services
- Experience using search engines like Elastic or similar
- Experience using DBs like MongoDB or MySQL
- Ideally licensed in IT or similar, but it's not a requirement
The benefits we offer:
- Work 100% remotely in Madrid, Spain or wider EU
- Market competitive base salary
- Free access to all of our online courses ($10,000 value)
- 23 days off in addition to local holidays
Check out our community resources:
At Product School we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.