Front-end Engineer (React) in Madrid
At Agentero we believe in simple and smart solutions for complex problems.
We are serious about changing the face of insurance. But we don't take ourselves too seriously.
We're looking for dreamers and doers. We’re chucking out crusty old paper insurance policies and replacing them with digital versions and beautiful software.
We are building cutting-edge technology to help insurance agents serve their customers more effectively and help them grow their business. We do so through a CRM with advanced analytics functionalities for the insurance agents and a mobile app for policyholders to manage their policies.
We’re putting together a stellar team; We operate and succeed together and we pursue goals with grit, ownership, and persistence to delight our customer. We’re a product company and technology runs in our veins.
Agentero is a Silicon Valley startup with offices in San Francisco and Madrid backed by top investors like Foundation Capital (Uber, Netflix) or USV (Twitter, MongoDB). It’s gonna be huge! This is just the start...
Who you are...
- BS or MS in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Skilled with server-side JS frameworks (Node.js, Hapi.js, Express, etc)
- Skilled with single page application JS frameworks (React.js, Redux, etc.)
- Experience in service-oriented architectures and Restful web services.
- Experience of TDD/BDD testing frameworks
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (Kanban/Scrum).
- Engineers with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Great team player: humble, empathy, open mindset.
- Ability to communicate in English
Challenges you will work on:
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Build reusable component-based web UI architectures with React.js
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
- Drive architectural decisions on our frontend systems.
- Constantly improve the systems by vigilantly rewriting, refactoring, and perfecting code.
- Find creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Competitive salary.
- Stock Options. Own a part of the company.
- Budget for training and development.
- English classes.
- Your preferred tech setup. MacBook Pro + monitor, or whatever you need.
- Attendance at conferences and events.
- Restaurant tickets
- Team events: Lasertag, escape room, etc.
- Offsites in San Francisco.
- Being part of a Silicon Valley-based startup
Oakland, California, USA