XING provides advice and support to its more than 19 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Frontend Engineer (m/f/x)
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world. Help us shape the future of work – for a better working life!
As an expanding social network, with a focus on bringing value to our customers, the frontend is the visual interface between XING and its users. All of our frontend applications are using a tech stack that is based on React and an internally built open source framework called Hops, that enables in-browser and server side rendering including routing, state management and communication with our backends. For this we are leveraging either Redux or Apollo GraphQL.
For our Engineering Office in Valencia, we are looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our 500 highly skilled, deeply motivated and dedicated engineers and product developers throughout our various locations in Europe (Hamburg, Barcelona, Valencia, Porto, etc.), sharing a healthy culture of learning from each other via pairing, communities of practice, joint hackweek projects etc.
A Challenging Task
- You’ll be creating and improving reusable components in our React based frontend stack
- You will be responsible for structure, maintainability and quality of your applications
- You have web performance in mind and drive this topic through tooling and consultancy
- You work closely together with your team of fellow developers, product owners, designers and QA engineers
- You collaborate with other teams in XING's frontend ecosystem
- You have the great opportunity to work in an international, cross-functional environment (communicating in English, German is not required).
A Convincing Background
- Knowledge or solid experience with the React library
- An eye for proportion and usability
- Experience in unit testing frontend applications
- You are a team player, used to work in agile environments
- You know your qualities, share them with your team and are happy to further develop yourself
- You can comprehensively communicate on a technical level and speak english fluently in written and spoken language
An Inspiring Environment
Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow, a great, multicultural and diverse environment, regular innovation weeks, flexible working hours and some days “work from home”, restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more, English/ German lessons, a mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…), extended holidays, competitive salary and a permanent contract, large, highly distributed platform with over 19 million users, a variety of technologies and languages: Perl, Ruby on Rails, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, React, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, Git, Jenkins…