wefox is Europe’s leading InsurTech that is reinventing insurance at scale, with a record-breaking Series C funding round of $650 million in 2021, making it the largest funding round of any InsurTech to date.
wefox is revolutionising insurance by empowering the customer and delivering personalised experiences, driven by data. Our vision is to enable people to be safe. By providing our customers 360 degree advice through our network of advisors, we optimise each individual's risk coverage through innovative prevention, assistance and insurance products.
The Engineering Manager, Platform will build and lead the engineering team for a new area of wefox Group. As a Engineeing Manager you will be crucial to the success of the new venture and will play a key role in setting up best practices, building and scaling the team. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Recruit, train and mentor a large teams of tech leads and developers.
- Act as the lead for technical design and system architecture, translating strategic direction into high-performing and scalable platform solutions.
- Serve as the focal point for microservices development across multiple dev teams.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of all systems documentation.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships. Alignment with Product Management to define and execute on a shared roadmap.
- Ensure that business implications and requirements are fully understood, and contribute to the creation of new, innovative use-cases across the solution.
- Lead engineering teams to continuously improve in order to maximize quality and velocity across multiple products, on time and within budget.
- Establish SLAs and help implement structures and systems to ensure prompt responses to urgent issues.
- Take an active role in shaping our platform strategy, working with and presenting to key stakeholders across the group.
- Meet with partners and customers. Be an advocate for the customer’s right to know exactly how disruptive technology is being designed, deployed, and maintained.
What you bring:
- 10+ years of experience hiring and managing a team of software engineers in a platform or microservices company.
- Experience working in a regulated industry such as banking or insurance.
- Demonstrated ability to define, articulate and drive the vision, strategy, clean architecture, design and implementation of complex, large scale technology systems.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a wide variety of audiences.
- Prior experience working with cross-functional teams using agile methodologies, and a strong belief that everything should have a use case.
- Prior experience designing well-formed RESTful APIs for multiple domains, for both internal and public consumption, delivering elegant and scalable distributed systems.
- Prior experience working with no-SQL databases, API gateways, and microservices based system architecture is required.
- Prior experience working with AWS cloud is required.
- Proven ability to organize within a distributed team environment.
- Fluency in English is required; sufficiency in Spanish or German is a plus.
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude.
What we offer:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them:
- Private Health Insurance
- Flexible working hours including some days remote option
- 26 working days of vacation + 24th and 31st December.
- Seniority days: one day of extra holiday per employment year starting from the 2nd anniversary in the company (up to 30 days total holidays).
- Discounted fitness memberships
- Up to 50% of your public transport costs reimbursed
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks, because we need fuel!
- Grants for training and coaching
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.