Engineering Manager in Barcelona
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionising the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
Here at TravelPerk (TK) we are deeply invested in personal growth, and have helped nurture many of our people to follow their path to becoming Engineering Managers. This isn’t always sufficient to meet the growing needs of our department “The Builders”. So we are hoping to complement these talented people with equally practised, external individuals, who will support and lead our people and teams to deliver on our ambitious goals. We hope you will be one of them 😉
We currently have open positions within our Tribes: ⚙️Foundations, 💳Pay, 🎮Control and 🧑✈️Manage Trip.
As an Engineering Manager, this position involves:
- Being a servant leader to your engineers, taking care of their performance in the organisation and supporting their journey to achieve their personal and performance goals
- Management and mentorship of your engineers
- Enabling fluent and effective knowledge sharing, when faced with challenging topics such as system architecture, design or implementation
- Building a strong partnership with the Product team to deliver the right things well
- Being a key part of the recruitment and growth of the engineering team.
- Working with the business and team metrics to deliver a 7 star experience to our customers.
- An understanding of how engineering impacts product and business needs
- Providing feedback to stakeholders within Builders (Product and Eng) and sometimes the wider business
- Strategic team building and planning for delivering highly available features that scale with our growth
Required skills and experience:
- You have been operating continuously in the same managerial position in a relevant software company with evidence of delivering impactful product outcomes
- You are a people manager who builds an effective work culture that improves the working lives of your team.
- You act as a problem finder and solver technically and organisationally, helping the team to overcome any issue that prevents your engineering fellows to perform at their best.
- You run effective performance reviews that celebrate achievements and help your team identify where to grow next in line with their aspirations and the needs of the business.
- Pragmatism and obsession for simplicity, efficiency, and performance.
- You have the ability to adapt and react fast to an ever-changing environment.
- You are able to operate at a tactical level while understanding the big-picture strategy.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance depending on your location
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Flexibility to work from home most of the time with core hours
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including to travel to one of our hubs
- Udemy for Business account to continue your development
- A mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
Flexible Work Policy
- You will need to be based in one of our hub countries, some positions are only open in specific locations
- We will require you to travel to the office hub in your country 4 days a month
- In addition, every quarter you will get the opportunity to travel to one of our other office hub locations for up to 5 days to meet with your whole team
- We have flexible working hours to fit around your life
- Team members that want to go to the office more are welcome too!
For certain positions we can help with relocation from anywhere in the world, please let us know in your applications and we will assess whether this is possible. English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
At TravelPerk we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We don’t just accept differences—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Are you a Software Engineer with extensive programming experience? Is your code fast, efficient and reliable? We mainly work with Python/Django & React but we don't close any door to smart people who can bring value to our product.
Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people, having fun at work and want to make an impact? If so, let’s talk!