At Voicemod, we've made real-time voice changing a reality. Today, more than 20 million gamers and streamers are creating their sonic identities and turning regular gaming sessions into full-blown spectacles using our revolutionary audio tools.
On its mission to ensure that everybody can express themselves through sound, our team has grown to 100+ people from all corners of the globe. Working at Voicemod means collaborating with a distributed team of ambitious and experienced product managers, engineers, designers and marketers - many of which came from Google, LinkedIn, ESL or Delivery Hero to join us on our quest to push the boundaries of how we interact with others online.
Everyone you’ll talk to at Voicemod will tell you one thing: we genuinely and deeply care about our people and our users. We’ve created a culture and products that we’re proud of and now we’re looking for someone with passion and drive to help us shape the future.
Sounds like you?
About the role
We’re looking for an exceptional Director of Design, to lead, grow and nurture our Designers, and to drive the design experience of our product. Voicemod allows millions of users to have fun online everyday, and that needs to be reflected in an exciting and modern design. But on top of ultra sleek designs, he/she/they will need to develop innovative interactions design, as our users swap between voices and sounds in real time.
You will join our leadership team to shape our product strategy and will own the Product design strategy and roadmap.
What you'll do
- Develop a completely new standard process in delivery of audio experiences and interactions in a digital context
- Lead and develop teams of Designers, including growing other leaders, and defining a team structure under you
- Guide, coach and mentor the team into a relentless pursuit of using best practices. Set clear goals and expectations for the team and key stakeholders, managing project loads, allocating designers accordingly, and setting up your team members for success
- Work together with Product Management and Engineering leadership to define the long term vision for our products, and the strategies and roadmaps to see it through
- Collaborate cross-functionally with leaders including User Research, Data Science, User Support and other disciplines to ensure a smooth product development
- Recruit and actively participate in the hiring process, as well as improving our overall processes and scaling mentorship in the organisation
- Actively contributing towards the practice of design, and sharing the ownership of the User Experience for our end users across all teams
What you'll need
- Minimum 5 years industry experience with proven track record in a people management role, building out and managing design teams
- A portfolio of your best work, including examples of Interaction (UX) Design and Visual Systems Development
- Experience leading product strategy, with concrete examples of impact on both UX and business goals
- Facility with modern product development processes: agile, lean, iterative, outcome oriented, data driven (A/B testing), user research informed
- The ability to leverage and communicate with data to drive change and adapt
- A data driven approach to decision making
- An Agile mindset, which shows in how you and your team collaborate, deliver value, iterate and innovate
- A caring leader with a can-do and impact focused mindset that sees challenges as opportunities, and thrives in a collaborative diverse and multi disciplinary environment
- (Bonus) If you have a passion for pixel perfect, motion and other amazing design stuff we can implement in Voicemod
- (Bonus) If you’re a Design System geek
- (Bonus) If you’re a Data Analysis nerd
- (Bonus) If you’re a gamer and appreciate gaming culture
- (Bonus) If you’re a tech visionary who’s always reading about and sharing new cool stuff
- Flexible working hours: Adapt your job to your lifestyle
- Remote working: Decide if you want to work from home or from our office in Valencia — or both! All working equipment and peripherals will be provided by us
- Summer days: Enjoy your summer with shorter work days from mid-July to mid-September!
- Holidays: 23 paid vacation days (+ Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve off) and an additional day for our local Valencian festivity “Las Fallas” which usually happens in March
- Wellbeing: Paid sick leave as well as maternity/paternity leave, and healthcare insurance for employees residing in Spain
- A competitive salary package
- COVID-19 stipend to compensate for work-from-home costs
- Free English or Spanish lessons from beginner to advanced levels
- A cool, gamer-oriented environment with like-minded people. Game nights are common around here!
Working at Voicemod means
🚀 Putting people first
🎧 Staying in tune
🎯 Taking play seriously
🎵 Following your rhythm
🥇 Mastering our sound