Serving more than 4.000 organisations across 30+ countries, DEXMA is a leading provider of Energy Management SaaS for commercial and industrial buildings. The DEXMA Platform is a cloud-based AI software that combines Big Data Analytics with Energy Efficiency to help thousands of facility managers, energy auditors and building owners around the world to detect, analyse and optimise energy consumption and costs, while becoming more sustainable. DEXMA was founded in 2007 in Barcelona, and is part of Spacewell, helping organizations across the globe to improve the efficiency of their building portfolios.
We are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer / SRE (f/m/o) with a strong background in Linux, Docker & cloud platforms, to join our Cloud Infrastructure Team in Barcelona. We are open to both onsite and remote candidates that live in Spain, and would enjoy meeting the team once every 1-2 months in Barcelona (if COVID restrictions allow it).
You’ll be part of a growing, dynamic company. At DEXMA, we are full of contagious energy, hard work, and passion for what we do. We are fully committed to encouraging an environment where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging. We are proud to have a multicultural team that acknowledges a variety of backgrounds, skills and perspectives. At DEXMA, we celebrate diversity and difference, and we are strongly committed to building an inclusive workplace for all our employees.
You will be part of a small team that has plenty of autonomy deciding the roadmap and the technologies that will make the difference, who loves automating every repetitive process and helps the whole organization to be efficient, using Lean principles and Continuous Delivery practices.
As part of the team your job will consist of:
- Managing our Google Cloud infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code.
- Increasing the adoption of Kubernetes abroad our infrastructure.
- Coordinating with Software Developers to build and scale micro-services.
- Managing and monitoring the service availability using DataDog and PagerDuty.
- Improving our CI/CD pipelines to make developers’ work more and more efficient.
- Identifying, diagnosing, and proposing improvements or solutions to current (or future) problems.
- Performing rotative 24x7 (remunerated) duties to guarantee service availability (only system-triggered alerts, no on-call support)
- You are a DevOps / Systems / Site Reliability Engineer with at least 3 years of experience managing cloud environments (Google Cloud or AWS)
- You like to have autonomy and give a try to new technologies.
- You ensure the quality of your work by creating automated tests and by submitting them to Code Reviews
- You have a deep understanding of Linux provision and administration (ideally Ubuntu/Debian)
- You have experience Dockerizing applications and managing them in production environments
- You have experience in Continuous Delivery Pipelines (ideally with Jenkins & Spinnaker)
- You have strong skills in at least one scripting language (bash, perl, python, go, etc.)
The stack is mainly based on open source technologies with the support of commercial tools and services that make a difference:
- Cloud Provider: Google Cloud Platform
- Cloud-native tools: Cloud Functions, Pub/Sub, Storage, DataFlow, ...
- Cloud Infrastructure Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Puppet, Terraform, Packer, Consul, Vault
- DBs/Middleware: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Cloud Build, Ansible, Artifactory, Spinnaker, SonarQube
- Monitoring: DataDog, PagerDuty
- Team Management: JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Slack, Google Suite
Join a friendly, humble and talented group with 10+ different nationalities, with offices in the center of Barcelona. An ideal place to grow and evolve your career to the next level, with a salary and career path according to your skills and experience. Also we offer:
- MacBook Pro + large monitor
- Flexible working hours
- Remote-friendly (that will continue after the pandemic)
- Personal budget for training (courses, conference passes, technical books, etc.)
- Ticket Restaurant / Transport / Kindergarten
- Andjoy (aka gym4less)
- Health Insurance (discounted price)
and if COVID restrictions allow it...:
- Monthly all-hands lunch
- Team events (BBQ, football, outdoor activities...)
- Company hackathons
- Free office goodies: coffee, fresh fruit, snacks, …